"original" vs edited

$DSC_8790-Edit-3.jpg
$DSC_2972-Edit.jpg
$DSC_2972.jpg

A Question to Derrel, did you do something selectively on the leathers? Contrast or clarity boost, or something?

A Question to Derrel, did you do something selectively on the leathers? Contrast or clarity boost, or something?

I honestly do not recall exactly what I did Raj, since I had a whole bunch of frames of this young woman. I processed over 400 frames from her session really fast, and this was one of them. As I recall though, what I do remember was adjusting the clarity to maximize her face's outline, since when in really strong backlighting, the hair's outline is easily affected by a clarity adjustment. But on the leather, if you look, it's really pretty much "all there" in my original capture. The day was very bright, and the exposure was very far to the right, so there are a LOT of highlights on that leather, and going to cold-tone B&W really emphasized the highlights that were actually on all that leather, and dark hair, and the black lipstick she wore. She wanted a tough, aggressive, "fierce" look she said.

This photo is a year old. I don't like it any more and don't have it anywhere near my portfolio because of the small arm thing going on, but I still like my processing in it.

Plus it's the only one I have to hand on my laptop!

6xpwdu.jpg

Most reactions

Back