Osprey, GBH, Circle B Bar

jimmerjamma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've seen some awesome photos from Hunter58 on the forum from Circle B Bar Reserve so I made my way there to check out the place. Wow, it was an amazing place to see a huge variety of birds! I can't wait to go back

2. I am going to put up the whole sequence of the Great Blue Heron and the Anhinga having a territory dispute. I liked all the photos from the set and couldn't pick a favorite.

5 Anhinga

8 I've never seen a Glossy Ibis before. I really like the coloring near the eye of this bird

Last edited:
Interesting that the Circle B bar reserve does not charge a fee for commercial photography, but you must have a permit.
Here's a link to the pdf application
file:///C:/Users/Admin/Downloads/Commerical%20Photography%20Permit%20Packet.pdf

Wow I had no idea! What would be considered a commercial photographer, someone that sells the prints? Its purely a hobby for me. Yikes I hope I didn't break any rules

read the thing. It clearly states all the things and conditions. Commercial includes models set-ups etc. As I said READ don't ask on the net and make decisions based on such if the official regs are available.

I love #6. It's just gorgeous.

Interesting that the Circle B bar reserve does not charge a fee for commercial photography, but you must have a permit.

Wow I had no idea! What would be considered a commercial photographer, someone that sells the prints? Its purely a hobby for me. Yikes I hope I didn't break any rules

read the thing. It clearly states all the things and conditions. Commercial includes models set-ups etc. As I said READ don't ask on the net and make decisions based on such if the official regs are available.

Your link doesn't work.

Your link doesn't work.

Try the original post again. I edited and tested the link. I had screwed up and posted a link to the file I had downloaded. I hate Oldtimerz didease!

Wonderful, I do not fall under their definition of a commercial/professional.

"Definition of professional/commercial photographer is a photographer that either sells their photos for money, or charges a photo shoot fee or session fee."

Nice series.But in the first one the branches of the trees are obscuring the bird.Next time when you are shooting flying birds try to get them where are no trees or something else.

Nice series.But in the first one the branches of the trees are obscuring the bird.Next time when you are shooting flying birds try to get them where are no trees or something else.

I think that shot is just fine. It doesn't obscure the bird enough to kill the shot. And when shooting birds, you don't always get to choose the location. Sometimes you have to take the shot.

In this case, it's fine. It frames the bird nicely and isn't just a shot against a bright sky.

I think that shot is just fine. It doesn't obscure the bird enough to kill the shot. And when shooting birds, you don't always get to choose the location. Sometimes you have to take the shot.

In this case, it's fine. It frames the bird nicely and isn't just a shot against a bright sky.
Couldn't of said it better myself.

Well done, cool photo,neat set.

Most reactions

Back