What's new

Otterburne Hoarfrost

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was hoarfrost heaven yesterday here in Manitoba, so I couldn't resist and went out. It was winter wonderland!

Which of these three crops works best for you?


1. Original
p1335880872-4.jpg



2. Crop emphasizing the fox tracks
p1335880930-4.jpg



3. Pano version
p1335880850-4.jpg



Thanks for your feedback...
 
I like this series.... just clone out the footprints in the first.... it looks so nice clean. The little row of trees way in the background on the right is wonderful.
 
I like #2 and like Mully, no tracks please.
 
I like the original. Gives the image some perspective on size.
 
I like the second shot the most of all three, without any doubt. And to a lesser extent, I like the third shot. The first one I do not like. It just looks "too far away", and the footprints detract in it.
 
Agree on the first. Well-balanced perspective.
 
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I was (and still am) on the fence about the fox tracks – I think they give extra depth to the image, something that's missing from the pano version. At the same time, for such a peaceful-looking scene, you don't really want any disturbing elements, so... on the fence, like I said.
 
#3 for me. The tracks are not that interesting and too far from the trees for the image to hold together. It needs to be viewed/printed at a pretty large size.
 
I like the third for these reasons....
The crop accentuates the feeling of a long row of trees....
The horizon is nearing 1/3rd
The foot prints which disturbs the calmness are no more there
:D
 
Another vote for #3 from me, I really like how the pano crop emphasizes the length of the treeline, it just seems to go on forever.
Very nice!
 
I like the pano the best. The fox tracks would work better if it were more obvious what they were and if they were cleaner. As is, they just look like partially melted snow spots.
 
#3 for me. The tracks are not that interesting and too far from the trees for the image to hold together. It needs to be viewed/printed at a pretty large size.
Number 3 definitely needs to be viewed big. It just loses most of its appeal at forum size.

The fox tracks would work better if it were more obvious what they were and if they were cleaner. As is, they just look like partially melted snow spots.
I think this hits the nail in the head. Number 2 would be the clear winner in my mind if it wasn't for the tracks not being so well defined – Mully even thought they were footprints. If I clone out the tracks then #2 would feel unbalanced.

So number 3 it is.

Thank you all for the feedback!
 
Curious -- where was this?
 
I prefer #3 ... it seems more balanced without the "weight" on the bottom.
My eyes flow from front to back easier ... to infinity (well almost).

Great shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom