Otters!

AK47J

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to the High Desert Museum last weekend. They have two river otters. We were there when the otters were very active. Neither of them stopped for more than a few seconds. So I set the A6000 to "machine gun" and bumped off a few controlled bursts of the otters while they ran/swam around. A few turned out ok.

Otter.jpg

otters.jpg

otterrock.jpg

otterstand.jpg

otterswim.jpg

otterstogether.jpg

otterswimderp.jpg

Otters are such comedians. They remind me somewhat of a ferret with their antics. I like #4 where he almost seems like he's giving you the "what are you lookin' at?" expression

Those are Otters alright :)

I really like the last one, they are so cool to watch.

So damn cute! Good job getting those shots.

That is some remarkably clear water.

Fantastic stuff - having made some attempts at shooting otters I know from experience they are not only wicked fast and unable to sit still for even a fraction of as second, they also move in incredibly strange and unpredictable ways.

It's a lot like trying to shoot a 2 year old on meth.

Fantastic stuff - having made some attempts at shooting otters I know from experience they are not only wicked fast and unable to sit still for even a fraction of as second, they also move in incredibly strange and unpredictable ways.

It's a lot like trying to shoot a 2 year old on meth.

Do I detect the voice of experience? ;)

Great otter shots! I kinda like their casual look in #6.

Love these shots. Otters are so cute. #4 is my favorite.

These are great, the underwater shot is my fav.
Thank you. The water was pretty clear, and the glass was relatively clean, but it all still effected the focus speed of the camera, so most of the swimming shots were blurry. Plus the otters changed direction under water like a cruise missile.

Most reactions

Back