Our Christmas Card Design

abel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i know its late but oh well.

this was the christmas card that Lisa and i decided on using this year... i thought it was a very non typical style card which is exactly what we were aiming for...

12-15dec04.jpg

Canon 10d - 100mm f2.8 macro lens

lemme know what you think.

Nice work, definitely non-typical. Might be a wee bit better if you could crop a little to make the ball & reflection a little bigger...while still showing that it's an ornament on the tree.

It's cool that you are peeking out from behind the camera but it would be nice for friends & family if they could see your whole face.

Over all, I love it. Great work.

i tried several with the triopod and the amount of area and lens combo i had to work with just wasnt giving me the results i wanted.

my original intent was to use a tripod and later clone that out so u cant see the camera at all but being short on time i just couldnt pull it off...

theres always next year

plus, many of the people getting the cards are used to seeing me behind the camera since i use it ALOT!!! hehe i think its somewhat fitting that in the xmas card i am partially behind it as well.. hehe

also, thats a fullframe shot, no cropping. with the 100mm lens i couldnt move it much or else the ornament would be offline... so that was about as far as i could move my head without tweaking the final shot... hehe

thanks!

wow that is amazing!!!!! great idea! I'd like to receive this kind of card because it is original!!!! great!

I think it worked out great! I would have been nice to see the two of you a little better but then again if you were my friends I wouldn't care to see you hanging in my living room for the holidays. :) I think it was perfect to see you peeking from behind the camera, that is how your friends know you best I'm sure. What did you print these on? Do you have your own photo printer or sent it out? I've been looking at some of the Kodak photo thermal printers out there but I cannot yet justify the expense.

Now, that's a card that would make me smile. I really love this composition, the small light is a nice touch. Your images in the ball are sharp and even the distortion of the room looks cool.

Great job! :D

thanks a ton for the compliments!!! we took these photos very late like on the 18th so i couldnt print them with my regular online printer in time before christmas.

i took them to Costco and printed them out in 5x7s matte, then bought a couple of Avery greeting card kits from Office Depot which came with prescored large cards and envelopes. used some very thin double sided tape to mount the photo on the outside of the card and then Lisa and I wrote some things on the inside.

I wanted the photo to be easily removed from the card in case some of our family members wished to keep the photo etc...

the cards were a BIG hit with everyone!!!

Aren't these Christmas balls attractive for self-portraits? I couldn't resist the urge to have my picture taken myself as a reflection in one of those balls this year, either. Might put it up eventually (in the "Silliest self-portrait"-thread in the Themes, most likely...).

I really like this! Very unique and fun. You did a great job with the focus and composition!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back