Our Trip to the Museum

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On Sunday we went to the Nassau County Museum of Art. I didn't get the point of the main exhibition - something about power and art - but there were some interesting works on display and the grounds were beautiful in the rain. It was nice to get out with a real camera, my a6000, after using nothing but my phone for a while.

1. Some people brought their own art.
1DD3A1A3-21FF-40ED-B809-CD08F6EDE182.jpeg

2. Some people got dangerously close to the art.
AE05D3DF-6596-40B1-8A27-B0520F8C84F5.jpeg

3.There were clouds on glass you could stand behind.
4EC4BFF2-B7A8-4B0C-8621-B1937461F7FA.jpeg

4. There was a room devoted to Tesla, which included this great-grandfather of my Weston Ranger 9 spot meter.
45BC47B1-B753-4020-AF10-261D6BA4D8A6.jpeg

5. Here's a close-up of the patent plate.
8437D9CF-1E9F-4EC4-9857-E1B617EF9316.jpeg

6. On the way back to the car, I spotted this couple taking a photo in the rain.
1CA1FC6B-DA22-49A4-8ABD-E6F9BAD09F4C.jpeg

If that guy in the yellow shirt stood any closer he might've gotten sucked into a void!

Interesting I have to say. And that Weston Voltmeter, is that cool or what!

I hope that guy got a picture of something besides the underside of the umbrella. Or, maybe that would've been interesting!?!

Good set, love the shirt in the first one.......

Interesting and enjoyable set. I keep going back to #3. The woman is standing in the clouds and the pose is waiting to cross the street in the garment district. It's so interesting to me.

I note the voltmeter has no indication whether it is AC or DC. I guess it dates pre-AC?

Thanks for sharing

You were extremely entertaining and i loved the tour... lol

Cool pics! I think the art in #2 put the zap on his brain, he looks frozen. Weston Electrical …. making America great!

Interesting and enjoyable set. I keep going back to #3. The woman is standing in the clouds and the pose is waiting to cross the street in the garment district. It's so interesting to me.

I note the voltmeter has no indication whether it is AC or DC. I guess it dates pre-AC?

Thanks for sharing
Thanks for the encouraging words! I didn't notice the lack of AC or DC designation on the meter, but it was in a room devoted to Tesla, and now that brings to mind the battle over AC or DC transmission of power that Tesla had with Edison.

Most reactions

Back