Out the kitchen window

HL45

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been trying to improve my backyard setup for better backgrounds.
Shooting through a window with the 1.4x on 100-400mm seems to take away some sharpness.
Comments and critiques welcomed. :)

1.Mrs. Cardinal

2_9_14-4 by Mitch Wessels, on Flickr

2. Chickadee no crop

2_9_14-2 by Mitch Wessels, on Flickr

Beautiful setup, you really came up with a great background. I need to do the same.

Yea, HL has a Awesome kitchen window.

I need to take screens out and clean my windows!!!

Looks nice! You can always bump up the sharpness a little in Photoshop or Lightroom...

That is a nice setup if you are getting these shots out of the kitchen window. Is the background artificial or did you move the perch to a better position?

What camera body are you using? My wife bought the 1.4tc for her 100-400, but once she found out she could only manually focus (I use it now).

Last edited:
Did you try the tape trick with the 1.4 and 100-400 for autofocus

Did you try the tape trick with the 1.4 and 100-400 for autofocus

Hi Matthew. No we did not get that far. I am pretty sure if I used her 100-400 I would have given it a shot. I do use the tc sometimes with the 300mm F4.

You may have just given me something to try tonight. TY :)

That is a nice setup if you are getting these shots out of the kitchen window. Is the background artificial or did you move the perch to a better position?

What camera body are you using? My wife bought the 1.4tc for her 100-400, but once she found out she could only manually focus (I use it now).
I'm using the 5D mkIII, auto focus works on the center focus point. I did use the tape trick on the T2i before getting the 5D. The background is real and I do have a movable limb (perch) that I move often!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back