outdoor photography

bamajvc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am pretty new still to the photography with something other than a point and shoot. I recently bought a nikon d80. What would be a good lens to buy for it to use for outdoor photography. I like to walk through tow woods and try to snap nature pics. Today I came across a couple otters playing a beaverdam pond on our land. The lens I had just did not seem to do a good job, or maybe it was just me :-( Anyways any input would be appreciated.

I am pretty new still to the photography with something other than a point and shoot. I recently bought a nikon d80. What would be a good lens to buy for it to use for outdoor photography. I like to walk through tow woods and try to snap nature pics. Today I came across a couple otters playing a beaverdam pond on our land. The lens I had just did not seem to do a good job, or maybe it was just me :-( Anyways any input would be appreciated.

With out an idea of what was wrong with the photos or a couple of the photos to look at, I am going to say it is probably you. Cameras don't make pictures, photographers make pictures. Cameras record what they are told to. A good book to probably start with would be Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Understanding-Exposure/Bryan-Peterson/e/9780817463007

Once you have an understanding of the components of photography then you will start to understand the limitations of the equipment.

Well what are you looking for? Are you looking for a large zoom lens?

Most reactions

Back