..:: Over city rooftops at night ::..

Mersad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mersad-photography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was taken from a smaller skyscraper (10th story) in Sarajevo, Bosna i Hercegovina. It shows the nearby rooftops and in the distance you can see the burning lights of the city center.

nighttownph2.jpg

I like this one very much. The sky is not yet all black, looks quite cloudy, so the warm (the yellow lights in the windows give the impression of warmth!) homes look just like the place where you would want to be! I also like the contrasts between the rectangular windows and the flowing, soft lines of the hills in the background!

I like this one very much. The sky is not yet all black, looks quite cloudy, so the warm (the yellow lights in the windows give the impression of warmth!) homes look just like the place where you would want to be! I also like the contrasts between the rectangular windows and the flowing, soft lines of the hills in the background!

Thank you so much for noticing all these things. That was actually in my mind when i was composing, and you are the first person to say that to me. I wanted to show the warmth of home against the backdrop of a darkened sky and the somewhat colder city lights in the distance.

great capture....I love the colour. WHat settings did you use?

Would love to help you out with that but i don't remember them anymore. This was taken a couple of weeks ago. I know that i used the Manual settings, a 55mm zoom, and a longer exposure to get it right. I then added some contrast and brightness in post.

For future reference though, when people ask me about the settings what exactly do they want to know, so that i can write them down or something :) Sorry if that's a dumb question among you pros, I'm still in the beginners phase.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back