Overlooking the Ozarks

Mullen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is cropped from a hurried picture I took on a recent trip in Branson. I liked the lines on the building, but not the cars in the parking lot at the bottom of the original picture. Comments and suggestions are welcome. I can post the original later, if requested.

houseonthehilledit800rq0.jpg

The building looks like it might make a nice photo, but I'm afraid the image as I see it here really doesn't do much for me. It makes me think I'm looking at it Photoshop and have zoomed in too far.

I could probably see my sister's house from there! She lives in Hollister, which is basically Branson south.

I like the photo, but I really feel it would help tremendously by having something close on the bottom of the photo. You say you cropped it out because there were cars, but I think it might be better with them in, because it will help me (who wasn't there) appreciate the grandeur of the scene. Having been to Branson many times, I know how beautiful it is, and I think with something on the bottom of the screen to help me understand how far away the hills are, I'd appreciate your photo more.

But great shot, sir. Is this anywhere near the Chalet there in Branson?

Here's the uncropped version..

houseonthehillfull800ou1.jpg

I really don't know my way around Branson that well, but it's on 76 near Ride the Ducks and the Tanger Outlet. I believe it was a restaurant.

I like the second shot MUCH better. I know the cars get rid of the timeless feel we all like (that's part of the fun of shooting in black and white), but the composition is SO MUCH better this way. Its like the photo now has a ground to stand up on, if you will.

Thank you so much for sharing this great photo. The chalet is very far away from where you were (in Branson terms, lol), but I don't get over there much and things change so often its hard to know what is where. My sister could tell me probably exactly where you are, though!

Thank you for sharing, and please post more photos!

Most reactions

Back