What's new

Oxidation and Decay

Amocholes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Messages
728
Reaction score
187
Location
Just north of Dayton Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While camping last weekend I took a walk in the woods and found an old dump truck sitting at the maintenance garage of the park. The rear axle was in the bed. I rather liked the way it turned out. This was a single image but I used it to create 5 images to simulate bracketed images. I then ran it through Photomatrix. It is not HDR but is tonemapped which brought out a lot of the details. I rather like the way it turned out. C&C is welcomed. How else can I improve?

$14054948175_b81e13aa9c_b.webp
 

Attachments

  • $Rust.webp
    $Rust.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 106
hey! i like the idea you had there and there is some interesting geometry going on.

i noticed a dark patch on the right third on the image - not sure what's going on there but that could be an unwanted result of your post work.

in general i think the composition could probably be improved (well next time) by shifting your frame to the left to show more of the wheel.

never heard of photomatrix - i will check that out at some point! have a great day!
 
The paint on the differential was giving me some problems. the axle was in the bed of the truck and I was stretching to get the picture. Maybe if there had been something to stand on, I could have worked on the composition a bit more.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom