paidpictures.com

A few things...

Digital Matt said:
Just judging from what quotes I've read here (I have not been to your site, and don't wish to visit), I've come to the conclusion that it is not a very professional site, and with the way you have worded things in your "faq" as some have quoted here, I wouldn't give you a photo even in a non-exclusive fashion. You sound very unprofessional, and spamming forums is one sure sign of it.

THAT WAS ME!

ehem...

Kay the wiked said:
Before you know it we will be charging you money for your photographs!!
Wait a minute, we already are.

Well...thats made me wanna go visit your site, your power with the english languege makes me feel all jiggly inside :)

Now...As I was saying before my tangent.

Leave.
This.
Forum.
You
Will.
Get.
No.
Money.
Out.
Of.
Us!

Incase you have trouble understanding...

Words of which I cannot speak on this forum, but consist of the words.
What happens to you when you are drunk, or another way of saying "Im going to the toilet"

And the word opposite to "On" is what I think we would although like to say right now :)

Kay said:
You're right, photographers (stock included) can retain the rights to their own photos and still make good money.
We aren't a stock company. We don't charge a subscription fee like some do. We offer nothing but exclusivity.
Stock photography companies offer both.

It's a choice we made very early on and we will stick by it because it's what our customers ask for. Most photographers we know of have no problem with it. We even had to upgrade our server account two times because it couldn't handle the amount of photos.
We too are photographers, we understand not everyone is willing to sell their own work but we work with assignments, we aren't asking for their top 10 photos.

The following was posted in reply to our minimum pay - out amount being $ 12:
This means oud hav to sell...ohh...about 12 pictures just to get paid!?!

That's obviously not correct.
We pay a lot more than just 1 bug per picture! It depends on the assignment, on what the customer wants, how difficult it is, how fast it's needed.

A comment was made about PayPal.
PayPal has over 45 million customers and going up.
We have a member age: 17, she still has a lot to learn but she already shoots the most amazing pictures just like some of our professional photographers, age 21 - 65. We're stunned every time.
Should this girl not be allowed to make some money? Should we not tell her about PayPal's requirements?
We provided the information. And not only did she get her parents' permission, her father became a member too. They both have a PayPal account. It's like a game to them. She makes almost 15 times more on the same amount of pictures!!
We are glad we have two new members, even though dad ain't that good.

nuff said

Kay
Team PaidPictures

kay, please stop talking here. obviously you are not getting the business you intended to get..so try it somewhere else. please.

md

wow - with all the photographers this site has submitting pictures for them - how long will it take me to get 12 assignments? $12/yr ? I can't believe someone would consider this.

This doesnt sound to much like a scam. If you were to work for a newspaper and took pictures on thier time, they would own the copy right of the images. This seems similar to me. Just seems that you take more pictures when your doing it and submit a few to them so you still retain the copyright to the others. Usually if you do this with a magazine, you would wait a while before using the other images or you may get some people upset.

I dont like the uncertanty that your pictures may not get used since it seems the same mission is given to everyone, nor that it doestn seem to pay well. I dont think the site actually says $1 per picture, but it dosetn seem like it would be a nice hourly wage after the travel and equipment costs.

die_thread_die.jpg

Most reactions

Back