Paintball & Acceptance

robbie_vlad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I got some pretty awesome news that I wanted to share. I got my acceptance letter to RIT's photography department today, so that's where I'll be going next year :). I'm pretty pumped to finally have something go right for me haha. To make this legit, here are some paintball photos from today. Enjoy.

1.)
4488275414_48e6b2a602_b.jpg

2.)
4488137016_19e8936649_b.jpg

3.)
4487507405_aba9061790_b.jpg

4.)
4487490751_6f57bd869f_b.jpg

HAHA I love paintball is so much fun :) good work on freezing the paintball on a few of them :)

Faster shutter and more contrast. Other than that, composition is great!

I like number 2 the most but they all seem to be slightly overexposed and lack a little contrast.

You don't show a geographical location in your profile.

What does RIT stand for?

So congrats for being accepted, I guess.

You don't show a geographical location in your profile.

What does RIT stand for?

So congrats for being accepted, I guess.

Sorry, I'm in New York. RIT stands for Rochester Institute of Technology in upper NY. Thank though :).

Here's one (#2) that I re-edited to try to add some more contrast without losing detail. It was tough since it was so sunny out, trying to not have any hotspots or burned spots, but I like the end result for the most part.

4489739274_e7e2c01ca1_b.jpg

What's up? Why don't I see any egos :lol: Congrats on the acceptance. I stopped playing about a year ago but might head over to field one day and take some shots for fun. Just be careful with your exposure because in a few of them some of the whites are blown out. I read about the lighting and that's probably the biggest problem in paintball the lighting is usually harsh because that's when everyone is playing.
TJ

Haha thanks, yea not too much. There were only a few egos (2 Ego 08's and an 07). Most everyone else was either using a DM or Geo. I sold my 06 Nexus last summer to buy my camera, but I still love the sport so I really enjoy shooting it. I might be going to PSP Chicago and MAO this year :).

Anyway, thanks for the tip, exposure was really tricky to get. I had it in Aperture Priority, but since one side of the field is shaded and one is in direct sunlight (I was there noon-3) the exposure kept jumping a bit.

Sometimes I really miss paintball. I haven't played in about 4 years. I really miss my trusty Angel IR3 with Predator board and eyes. Not as flashy as some of the newer guns out there, but I loved it. :)

I really like the photo of the breakout. The time of day was really messing with your shots, but keep posting these. Makes me wish I was still playing.

Ya I understand. I had to sell this baby.
4040962928_85b4ed6764.jpg

To fund my 70-200 2.8 I definitely miss it, that gun shot ropes and was so efficient.

let me get out there with my X-7 and we'll see who's boss ;)

I love the group photo of the split for the sides of the area, great shot. Hopefully i'll get some good shots of my woodsball team to post up sometime, just don't think they'll be as good as these.

Even though I had my IR3, which was a beast with the mod, I always said if I bought a new gun, it'd be an Ego. That is one sweet Ego...

Robbie
Congratulations, RIT is a well known school and not easy for acceptance.

I painted houses to help pay my way through college...:)

Even though I had my IR3, which was a beast with the mod, I always said if I bought a new gun, it'd be an Ego. That is one sweet Ego...

Ego's are the way to go IMO. If (or more like when :p) I get back into playing I'll be picking up an Ego again.

Robbie
Congratulations, RIT is a well known school and not easy for acceptance.

I painted houses to help pay my way through college...:)

Thanks, I was pretty nervous but pulled through for it. I'm hoping to be able to get some work as a freelance portrait photographer/sports photographer/whatever work I can find to help pay the bills.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back