paintball photography?

antipimp86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there has tried paintball photography? If so, what sort of general setup would u reccomend?

If your talking about speedball or somethin', just get a good telephoto setup and stand as far away as you can.. but you might want to rig some kind of plexiglass cover :lol: Even with all the the nets around you can still get shot.. I got shot walking away from a field in a tunnel with net all the way around and got shot in the crotch.. I still cant figure out to this day how that happened...

antipimp86 said:
I was wondering if anyone out there has tried paintball photography? If so, what sort of general setup would u reccomend?

I took a few shots once out on my cousin's field, but i was REALLY far away from the action, as it is very difficult to look through the viewfinder with a mask on, i wasn't really impressed, other than that you could stage a few shots. when shooting with a camcorder, i wore a referee vest so no one would shoot me, but you're definitely taking a risk... other than that, yeah, use someone else's camera... :lmao:

Ghoste said:
If your talking about speedball or somethin', just get a good telephoto setup and stand as far away as you can.. but you might want to rig some kind of plexiglass cover :lol: Even with all the the nets around you can still get shot.. I got shot walking away from a field in a tunnel with net all the way around and got shot in the crotch.. I still cant figure out to this day how that happened...

ummm.... ouch. i have scars on both my elbows from taking close shots while wearing a short sleeve t-shirt and i've taken a few point blank to the torso, but been lucky so far otherwise... usually i get hit in the goggles, no pain!

Well I'm a player and a ref. so I know how to not get shot for the most part.
Would a plexiglass sort of cage thing distort the picture or anything?

antipimp86 said:
Well I'm a player and a ref. so I know how to not get shot for the most part.
Would a plexiglass sort of cage thing distort the picture or anything?

anytime you introduce any kind of glass/plastic between the lens and the subject there is going to be a decrease in picture quality... how much of a decrease just depends on the clarity/cleanliness of the protective gear...

Mmm, my worst two shots were someone that rushed my bunker from behind one side while I was defending the other side and he shot me like point blank in the spine.. I couldn't breath. And another one I was in a whole taking cover when I got shot on the top of the head.. that hurt like crazy.

About the only way you could do it and not be despised is to have staged battles where it is known you will be taking pics. Nothing better for me to see a photographer taking pics of my enemies in locations I did not know about. Being staged it is part of the rules, do not shoot the photographer - or else such and such.

Most reactions

Back