Painting with light in an abandoned warehouse

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My friends and I stumbled across this abandoned warehouse and we thought it would be a good place to shoot some photos. I somehow convinced my girlfriend to run behind the person with the flashlight and flash my speedlite every so often to achieve the silhouette effect. Here are my two favorites:

4886307717_a83cf45d8f_b.jpg

4886307983_44244ff2dd_b.jpg

I really really like the first one. 2nd one, I'd crop the right side so it's cut off on both sides..

I also really dig what you did with the flash

GREAT idea to have her do that silhouette effect!!!! Yeah,man! I think you're onto something there with that wrinkle.

Definitely dig the silhouette!

Thanks everybody. It's going to be a place I will revisit with various other cool things that emit light.

Very cool! :thumbup:

I'm confused about something though... Just to clarify... your GF had the speed light and was setting it off herself?

Well in these two shots my friend Betsy had the flashlight... While I told Kelsey (My ladyfriend) to trip the flash only when Betsy was directly between her and the camera. So that way there wasn't a bunch of bright starburst looking things throughout the photo.

I've done the writing before but the silhouette effect is awesome. I like how the flashlight blurred as she wrote.

that awesome I played with light painting a little I'll have to play with it a little more its lots of fun

This was a very creative idea and I also love the silhouette effect. I would like to see what it would have looked like if the silhouettes were just a little more well defined and with maybe a little color in the light painting. Keep up the good work.

Seriously kick ass. You have me inspired now.

The silhouettes have a very "Sin City" feel to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back