Pair of Sunset Pics ~ C&C Welcome

They are just that good, huh?

C&C per req: They're fine, but they're not terribly exciting. I think you would have had a much stronger image had you used a couple of stops of G-ND to prevent the sun from blowing out and allowing more cloud detail, as well as having the two subjects together; I like the silhouette technique, but perhaps have the two individuals together, holding hands or something like that? Neither pose really seems appropriate to the scene IMO.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I like the first one--wish I could look like that in a picture! I seem to accidently be following tirediron around the board---and have to agree a picture of both subjects together would have been neat!

I, too, like the silhouettes, but how would it look if they were sitting and looking at the sunset? And trying to underexpose a little could bring out more of the clouds. However, I like the blue sky in the first photo. It looks a bit more like a sunrise, actually :) In my experiences they aren't as warm as sunsets. Looks like your horizons are a bit crooked, also.

When it comes to sunsets, I'm fan of subjects looking toward it --> us seeing their back.

:)

What were trying to capture with the pictures? I know the sunset and the people looking out on the water but what else were you going for? Like, if you were going for comparison of how little we are compared to the water, the people are too large. If they are contemplating the meaning of life, I would change the posing of the people and have them sitting, looking out at the water... I may be overthinking it but if I understand more of what you wanted to portray, more feedback could be shared. :)

1st one is a little blown... and her pose could be more exaggerated since.. since it's a silhouette it's pretty much about the pose...

the second one needs him to be lit... he's basically posing in a portrait pose... cept no one brought a flash to light him... does that make sense?

Good C&C, thank you. There really was no point, we just went to shoot and literally stumbled upon this place at just the right time. It was just my girl and I. We could have used the timer to take one of the two of us, but I honestly haven't learned how to use the timer on my camera yet.

A little PP was used but not much. Next time Ill try a little underexposure or larger aperature to capture a little more cloud detail.

RjL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back