Palletable reflection

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Don't know why someone would put the pallet in the lake, but I decieded to use it any way.

IMG_2921-01.jpg

Awww, you are surrounding by such an amazingly beautiful scenery!!!
And you have a way to capture it....! WOW.

PlasticSpanner said:
I think you should have left the pallette out!

why? otherwise it would have been just ANOTHER boring landscape shot from John E. :mrgreen:

im with LaFoto John...you have a unique way of capturing the beauty of your world! :thumbup: i like this one...reminds me of a similar image where instead of a pallet there was a ladder floating. btw, where bouts in Canada are you?

Amazing shot John. I think the pallete adds a contrast to the picture. Sure is beautiful up north. Sooo clear compared to the smog here.
Very well done!!

Yay cruzin changed his name so I can actually remember it now! Yay! I always used to get you "C" people mixed up. Is it just me or are there a lot of user names starting with C?
To the pic, it's gorgeous and the crate thing really makes it. The blues are just gorgeous!

Truly beautiful exposure....i like the pallette, though a little more sky would be good too.
Great shot.

Thanks everyone

Lafoto there is some great stuff here to shoot, I still have not seen a fraction of it. Thanks

JonMikal I am centre north of Lake Superior, almost right inbetween Sault Ste Marie and Thunder Bay, Marathon Ontario, too small a town for most maps.

Plastic Spanner , I have a picture of just the reflection, I will dig it out of the archieve and post it later. I like to get something in the foreground to give depth to the picture.

Chiller, the skys are so blue here at times it even amazes me but when its overcast, which seems to be most of the time ( due quite often to lake effect) its all grey.

just beautiful......there is nothing i can say that hasnt been said....great shot...pallet adds something....beautiful. would love to see this sometime....in person...

aprilraven said:
just beautiful......there is nothing i can say that hasnt been said....great shot...pallet adds something....beautiful. would love to see this sometime....in person...

I remember I got pulled over in macmac once for speeding.. i was lucky, the officer was a nice fellow.. but they set up a second trap 5 miles down the highway.. and i was smart.. and saw it coming.. lucky 2x

ditto to Aprilraven.. awesome shot!

Please excuse me if this is a silly or basic question but how/why does an object in the foreground of a photo add depth? I've never taken photography classes or anything similar just what I've learned from here and what makes sense to my own eye!

Initially the pallette looked like the kinda junk & crap we get dumped in our rivers in the towns & cities over here but I can see how the foreground object could be almost anything.

Most reactions

Back