Panasonic going Full Frame? - Rumor

waday

Do one thing every day that scares you
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
According to 43rumors, Panasonic is going to announce a full frame system in September.

This is very interesting, and I wonder what it means for the m43 system in general (depending on what the camera system is). It's also interesting to speculate whether or not it is going to have involvement from either Leica or Olympus.

Really hoping this isn't a bad omen for m43. I guess we'll need to wait until Panasonic's announcement in late September.

Read more here: (FT5) Panasonic will announce it's first Full Frame system camera on September 25! - 43 Rumors

There have also been rumors of a "super high end" Olympus camera announcement in early 2019. Hmm.

Rumor: (FT5) The new Olympus high end camera will have advanced video features - 43 Rumors
Rumor: The seven Full Frame lenses patented so far by Olympus - 43 Rumors

Last edited:
I don't think its going to effect m43. Most camera makers has multi-format cameras. Canon and Nikon FF and ASP-C, Fuji MF and APS-C. But I think Panny is going to focus on a cinematic camera with the FF.

But imagine if Oly and Panny bring the same features on their m43 cameras to FF. It could be something special.

I'll still stick with m43 though since size is the reason I got it. I am looking forward to what the new high-end from Oly is though.

Live Composite seems to me to be a nice hidden strength of Olympus.

Yeah that is a sweet feature that I haven't played around with enough. Still need to get out a shoot some fireworks and lightning using it.

Other great features:
IBIS
Pro-capture
Focus bracketing/stacking

Most reactions

New Topics

Back