What's new

Panorama question

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
5,882
Reaction score
44
Location
End of the line
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did my first panorama tonight, and while its boring I'm kinda proud of it. BUT how come it curves towards the sides? I used a tripod, I'm fairly certain it was level (has a level in it) and I was careful not to hit the tripod. Is this just something that happens, or is there something to watch out for to keep straight lines?

4360789921_a5f9a1955e_b.jpg


Any other C&C welcome as well.
 
Are you talking about how the blue/black tree boundary on the right (for example) bows downwards? If so, I found that to be an issue when I was doing manual panorama-ing myself. Since then, I've moved on to pretty high-quality panorama stitching software and I have not seen that effect in my shots since.

I would *guess* that it's due to a lens/perspective distortion that happens on shots like this but that the stitching software re-projects each image onto a sphere (or cylinder - user-selectable) in order to correct for it.
 
...Is this just something that happens, or is there something to watch out for to keep straight lines?...

What straight lines??

If you look carefully, the trees in the center are smaller than the trees on the right meaning the right hand water line is closer to the camera and NOT a horizon line. It is perfectly natural for the water line to be lower in the image just as the line of the top of the trees gets higher.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom