paper

Rob A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
hi guys, was just wandering what type of photo paper you prefer to use?

i personally prefer a luster on the paper (a nice mat finish) because i find that the glossy paper can show up finger prints more. i also like the grainy look of it some times. if the photo has a very black part to it ( i only shoot B&W at the moment) the luster makes it look nicer than the gloss!!

what about you guys?

i dont know what the actual paper is called, but epson makes one that has a matte to it but its not a huge tooth. still kinda flat but not glossy at all. and its super thick and water repellant.

md

MDowdey said:
i dont know what the actual paper is called, but epson makes one that has a matte to it but its not a huge tooth. still kinda flat but not glossy at all. and its super thick and water repellant.

md

I use the same stuff.... I have the box right here... all it says is "Matte Paper Heavyweight"
It's really good though.. I love it! :D

LittleMan said:
MDowdey said:

md

I use the same stuff.... I have the box right here... all it says is "Matte Paper Heavyweight"

no wonder i couldnt think of the name. it has no name! thanks bro!

md

MDowdey said:
LittleMan said:
MDowdey said:

md

no wonder i couldnt think of the name. it has no name! thanks bro!

md

I think Epson needs a new Advertising Department..... :roll:

lol! i think i mite try this paper! i like heavy paper! im just using the cheap stuff at college at the moment. it only cost like £5 for 25 sheets!

i liked pearl a lot. but i know using glossy shapenes images so i would use that for professional/portfolio type stuff. i truely do prefer matte!! :)

Rob A said:
was talking about darkroom really. sorry to confuse you but either is fine :D

That's what I thought! But those guys were talking Epson, which is printer paper... I too prefer a pearl surface usually. I am just now trying out a bunch of new papers. Check out the Darkroom forum, we've had a couple of threads on paper recently. :)

does glossy really bring out the sharpness? iv always like matte (or pearl?) paper more!! sorry, not properly cheked the darkroom forum! on y way now!! thanks :D

Right now I've found some Ilford something-or-other paper that I really like. Don't remember exactly what it's called, but I know it's #IV contrast, RC, glossy paper. I really like the results I get from it, especially in its blacks. Before Ilford I tried Kodak polycontrast III RC in both F-glossy and E-lustre surfaces, which I didn't really like that much.

Most reactions

Back