Parent Paparazzi

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My grands were in a mini musical Frozen at the resort's kids show. After the performance they had the kids line up for parents to take photos. I don't think there were any iPads and mostly cell phones.
FrozenSmallWeb.jpg

Nice idea and it probably reduces the number of bothersome shooters during the performance.

Neat idea, the resort came up with.

Great perspective!

I had time to walk to center between the rows for the head on group shot.

Sign o' the times!

The grands were in 3 shows that week and I was the only person with a camera. My daughter was using my other camera the Sony for short video clips. All cell phones. I did not see one camera all week. Last trip I went on an early morning photo walk and ran into someone with a Nikon and a large heavy zoom. Her husband's shoulder was her tripod.

Reminds me of some of my Granddad duties............:)

My grands are well documented! The blue stage lights going back to yellow and back to blue was challenging changing up the exposure.

Nice idea and it probably reduces the number of bothersome shooters during the performance.
Neat idea, the resort came up with.

The kid's show is before the main show. Mostly parents in the crowd filling the first two rows. I was able to walk behind them and off center side stage to get photos. Some parents went up front to take a quick photo during the show and I don't think anyone cared. This shot is part of the left side audience floor seating. The theatre holds a few hundred people with seating going far back and sides that are elevated.
MoanaSmall.jpg

"The grands were in 3 shows that week and I was the only person with a camera. My daughter was using my other camera the Sony for short video clips. All cell phones. I did not see one camera all week. Last trip I went on an early morning photo walk and ran into someone with a Nikon and a large heavy zoom. Her husband's shoulder was her tripod."

A few years ago,my son was in his fourth grade play. Today is his LAST DAY of his sophomore year. At that time, cellphones outnumbered "real cameras" probably 80/20. So in five years, the balance ha shifted even MORE toward the cellphone, which has replaced the alarm clock, the calendar, the wristwatch,and the camera...and for some, the newspaper and the TV/.

"The grands were in 3 shows that week and I was the only person with a camera. My daughter was using my other camera the Sony for short video clips. All cell phones. I did not see one camera all week. Last trip I went on an early morning photo walk and ran into someone with a Nikon and a large heavy zoom. Her husband's shoulder was her tripod."

A few years ago,my son was in his fourth grade play. Today is his LAST DAY of his sophomore year. At that time, cellphones outnumbered "real cameras" probably 80/20. So in five years, the balance ha shifted even MORE toward the cellphone, which has replaced the alarm clock, the calendar, the wristwatch,and the camera...and for some, the newspaper and the TV/.

The resort photographer walked around taking photos when he wasn't booked. One evening he took our photo and it went straight to a tablet in his messenger bag. We picked which one, he edited a little later and emailed us a link for download. Ten years ago the photographers would print out the photos each day and you went to the shop to view and purchase.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back