Pecan Tree

Flower Child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
took this on my walk down to the river near my home. there are some huge pecan trees that grow in bottoms. this one really stuck out to me. do you like it? c&c please

bridges047.jpg

probably should have put this in the nature thread, but i thought this photo has some good ol kansas landscape in the background so i put it in this thread.

I looked earlier and I like it better now. I'm not sure what that says. I'm noticing the colors more now.

thank you all, yes i was happy with how vibrant the sky turned out. did any one notice the moon? even though it is pretty small, i thought it added a nice touch myself so i made sure i got it in the frame

I did, actually. I was disappointed to see your tree wasn't here in Texas. State tree and all that. ;)

That's a beautiful bit of light gathering...Good job!

did any one notice the moon? even though it is pretty small, i thought it added a nice touch myself so i made sure i got it in the frame
I did notice the moon myself and I agree that it adds to the photo. I absolutely love how the tire tracks become the leading lines that take you to the subject. The reflection of the sky on the puddles is simply beautiful and that's what makes this photo special in my opinion. The only thing I don't like is the frame you chose – especially at the top of the image – but that's just me.

Your Kansas landscape looks quite similar to our Lower Saxony landscape (North Germany) :D... The tree is a beauty. As was the weather on the day you went out! I like that sliver of crescent moon up there in the corner.

I did, actually. I was disappointed to see your tree wasn't here in Texas. State tree and all that. ;)

oh yeah haha. i didnt know the pecan tree was texas's state tree. we have alot around my area. they really produced well this year. we have about 6 trees in our yard and so far we have cracked and cleaned more that 100 lbs of meats

That's a beautiful bit of light gathering...Good job!

thanks Michaelaw. btw i really enjoy your photos

I did notice the moon myself and I agree that it adds to the photo. I absolutely love how the tire tracks become the leading lines that take you to the subject. The reflection of the sky on the puddles is simply beautiful and that's what makes this photo special in my opinion. The only thing I don't like is the frame you chose – especially at the top of the image – but that's just me.

thank you, yes, it was a beautiful blue sky that day and i come upon this tree and i saw the tire tracks and moon and it just pretty much composed itself. the frame is simply there just because i needed it into a 5x7 and i just didnt take the time to crop out the border when i posted it here. thanks again for commenting

We have a winner! This is a great photo. Every now and then a photo comes along with really gripping atmosphere and this is one of those. Great capture!:thumbup:

oh im so glad you like it i admire your work also

thanks lafoto, i would have never guessed that our landscape looks similar being as far away as we are from each other

Most reactions

New Topics

Back