Peekaboo Peacock

250Gimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another shot from the Melbourne zoo.

Let me know what you think.

This was shot through heavy foliage. I could barely see the bird until I looked through the lense to see 'through' the leaves.

peekaboopeacock.jpg

Cheers :D

Given the circumstances, nicely done. I would consider cropping some of the sides off, the bright areas are a little distracting.

Thanks Tireiron

I tried several different crops, and thought I would try using the bamboo as a border while keeping a 6x4 aspect ratio.

Anywho, here is another crop. Let me know what you think.

peekaboopeacock2.jpg

i like the last one best. good idea on trying to border it with the bamboo, but i think it kills it.

great shots none the less!

The brightness of the bamboo compared to the peacock's rather dark face is what makes the framing a difficult matter, since our eyes cannot but look towards bright things when all you really want is for them to look at your subject. That, so I think, makes your bamboo framing so "heavy". I think that the eyes and feathers also look instantly brighter in the cropped version, without the distraction by the bright frames to the left and the right.

The second one is much better, in my most humble of opinions. And I may be crazy, but it really looks like a wedding portrait -- of a peacock tho. It has that hazy, dreamy look :)

Thanks Dmitri, the haziness is from shooting through the brush.

Cheers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back