Pentax DSLR Users- MF/AF Switch Issue?

elemental

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone else has had this problem.

The MF/AF selector switch on my K100D has become very difficult to slide. At first, it would slide with no feedback instead of clicking into place, and now it is the same but very difficult to move. The camera has never been dropped or in and other circumstances that would void the warranty, and has been very well taken care of. At the time this problem started, I was out shooting in 30 degree (F) weather, but that is certianly not what I would consider "extreme." Has anyone else had this issue? Do you think Pentax will fix it under warranty (I am well within one year of purchase)? I am slightly irritated by it, but more concerned that it will really hurt resale value should I decide to upgrade. Any thoughts?

For the record, my K100D has been excellent and I would absolutely recommend it to a friend (in fact, just recommended it to my roommate). I love the camera and doubt that this is a large-scale issue, and it could well be my fault somehow.

I would contact Pentax, or at least take it back to the shop you bought it at and have them look at it, if you bought it from a b&m store.

I know my mother has had to send in several of her Pentax's over the years (both film and dig) and has always had good luck w/ their cs and repair.

Most reactions

Back