Pentax K-x - still viable?

Triterrier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought this camera some years ago with a 28-70 and a 70-200 lens. Sort of got out of photography for some years and am in process of re-entering. I will be shooting mainly landscapes and other outdoor subjects - including birds (will need to obtain a longer lens). The K-x has 12+ megapixels. I will also be shooting film with an older SLR.

Would appreciate opinions on the viability of the K-x. Seems like if it worked OK before, it should still be. But I also wonder if a newer outfit would be a noticeably better option.

Thanks

My first Pentax DSLR was the K-X, bought in 2012. Used it for a couple of years, then started up the Pentax chain(K20D, K-7, K-30, K-70, K3MkIII). I gave the K-X to a cousin, who I think still uses it. I save my pics to DVD's at the end of the year, and grabbing one from 2012, these were on it; a mix of good/bad/indifferent. Only had 2 kit lenses which covered from 18-200mm, plus an old pentax 55-300 and used the camera mainly in P(program) mode. Depending on your interest/needs/finances, you might consider upgrading, however for "ordinary/casual"use the K-X still does a good job.
Picture 890.l.jpg
Picture 920.l.jpg
Picture 938.jpg
Picture 966.l.jpg
Picture 1031.l.jpg
Picture 1064.jpg

Last edited:
Are you trying to do something with it that you wouldn't have done ten years ago?

Most reactions

Back