Pentax MX

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Who out there in TPF-land uses a Pentax MX? Local antique store has MX body, 50/1.7 Pentax lens, 24 mm Sigma lens, and a 24-80 mm Tokina lens for sale as a set. Price is $175, but the whole store's 20% off this weekend, so i can pick up the whole lot for $140. How is that for a deal? Currently I use the K1000 as my primary camera and I love it. Have heard good things about the MX. What do I do?:confused:

well, I happen to own a pentax MX with the 50mm 1.7 lens in question.
The camera is 30 years old and has well over 15,000 shots taken with it, and it works like a charm.
Personally i love the camera, The fully manual controls means i almost never have to worry about the battery, maybe once a year... and additionally because its manual, i can take super long pictures, I have a couple star trails where the shutter time is 4-6 hours. (cant do that with battery opperated shutters)
Furthermore, The 50mm 1.7 lens is by far the best lens i have. I also have a pentax 28mm and pentax 80-200mm zoom. The 50mm takes amazingly sharp pictures and the glass in it was only second to nikon at the time it was manufactured back in the 70's.

If i were you, i would take that camera even if the other two lens werent included. Fully manual cameras are getting harder to find.
And when i finally have enough money for a DSLR, i will still take my Pentax MX with me so i can shoot velvia slide and black and white film.

so, yes, i love that little camera

Most reactions

Back