perhaps an odd question

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was curious as to whether i can use a telephoto lens i have for a canon g5 on my nikon d70. it fits on the end of the lens im using, i was just wondering if this is ok to do or if it will somehow screw something up? i dont really know, it doesnt seem like it would mess anything up, but i'd rather not take the chance. i guess it just looks goofy with a canon lens on a nikon one...please stop me if im going to break something as i havent taken any pictures yet

thx

here is a pic of what it looks like on the end of a lens
IMG_2387.jpg

Don't do it!.....the Canon parts will mess with the Nikon parts and both the camera & the lens attachment will never work again

Just kidding. It will work just fine. :D

Big Mike said:
Don't do it!.....the Canon parts will mess with the Nikon parts and both the camera & the lens attachment will never work again

I'd use a condom on it too, as you never know where that slutty Canon lens has been.

One suggestion: get rid of the UV filter between them when using this set up. It won't help anything, and can only add to lens flare, etc...

As long as the thread size is the same it is fine (that is, if it fits perfectly without you having to forcibly screw it on or anything). If they're different you might risk stripping the threads of one or the other lens.

Big Mike said:

Just kidding. It will work just fine. :D

that's what i was afraid of ...:mrgreen: ok tomorrow ill give it a shot
just making sure before i ruin something out of my own stupidity
thanks for the help

Most reactions

New Topics

Back