Perspective correction

hourglass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, here I have this picture depicting the pylon of Nový Most, the "New Bridge" in Bratislava, and I'm struggling with its perspective, which seems to be somewhat distorted (it seems to lean backwards). So, this is the original jpg my camera produced:
novymostpylon.jpg

And this is what I'd come up with (I did the editing based on the raw file):
novymostpylon_edit.jpg

I find this task quite challenging, especially because there are actually no vertical lines to use as guides or so (hey, the lampposts don't count!). Anyway, somehow I fear that the whole thing may still look awkward, and I'd really appreciate any suggestions or comments.

I think you got it in the edit. it was the signs on the left of the picture in the original picture that were causing the leaning effect because they are vertical against the slanted lines of the structure

Since you've taken the shot from the base looking up, you would have to expect some diminishing perspective. You can't really correct for that without making the structure look odd. You can make it more vertical by finding a centre line and correcting the horizontal lines in the pylon. Something like this:

pylon.jpg

Is that what you're after?

If only I knew what I'm looking for. :???: Anyway, thanks for suggesting this alternative, and thank you all for your helpful feedback!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back