What's new

Pet Photography C&C

Theo2

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 3, 2014
Messages
88
Reaction score
25
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone. I've been practicing my pet portraits and action, let me know what you think!

$IMG_0045.webp
$IMG_0065.webp
 
I think they're both a little under-exposed but not terribly. I prefer the second one because you're more at eye-level with the dog whereas in the first you're looking down on him (her?).
 
I 'm not a fan of the top one, the bottom one is nice. I would have tried a bit of a re-crop
 
I think eyes are very important in portraits, be it a human or animal subject. The second one is stronger because the light is better and the eyes are clear. It feels like a nicely balanced image. The first one lacks in exposure (a bit under) and that, plus the angle+position of the dog, means the eyes aren't very clear. I notice his teeth first. It would be stronger with better lighting and clearer focus on his face and eyes.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom