Petition for Sony to unlock the EV Autobracketing for the A55 | SLT-A55VL | Alpha 55

Klepper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know it's sort of odd and or silly, but I'm going to start a online petition and send it to Sony about unlocking the Autobracketing exposure value for the A55. I've read other posts about it, it's totally unanimous that it's ridiculous.

Petition Sony, Unlock the A55 EV Bracketing

I've been a decade long Canon man, loved the power CHDK gave even the little $100 cameras, but when I discovered HDR Canon's Autobracketing, even on their nicer camera took 3-4 seconds. My friend's Sony HX1 did it in about 1/2 a second. So I bought the HX100V and loved it, loved it so much I decided to go Sony SLR and sell all my cameras, knowing that SLR gave you all the power, I looked forward to bracketing in 10 shots or 5 shots @ +-2 or .3m whatever I wanted.

You know where this is going. When I got the camera, I am limited to 3 shots @ 0.3 and 0.7? AYFKM? I was so blown away, dumbfounded. A little $100 Canon with CHDK has more power, yeah it's slower, but with a tripod, who cares.

So my online petition is:

Sony, in your next Firmware for
A55 | SLT-A55VL | Alpha 55
UNLOCK the highly limited Exposure Value Bracketing from the unusable 3 pictures from +-0.3 or 0.7 to fully controllable;
Exposure value Anything between +- 0 and 2.0 or more
Number of Shots: 3 and 10 or more.

Petition Sony, Unlock the A55 EV Bracketing

Please give it a sign up (use your junk email account) and spread the word.

Oh Big shock there... Sony trying to lock down features and playing nasty tricks with consumers.. sounds like business as usual for the disgusting company that is SONY.

Sony does not have a reputation for listening to their customers, especially if it will cut into their bottom line (they don't care about their customers.. only the DOLLAR! This has been demonstrated over and over again!). The A55 It is considered a Consumer entry level camera, after all.. and most entry levels do lack features!

I believe that features like what you want is why they brought out the A77... if they did this on the A55, it would be one less reason for people to buy the A77 and up! I don't think you have a chance! But wish you luck! :)

Nikon_Josh said:
Oh Big shock there... Sony trying to lock down features and playing nasty tricks with consumers.. sounds like business as usual for the disgusting company that is SONY.

Lock down features? When it comes to that, Sony has more features than same price Nikon and Canon cameras.
You never change. haters gonna hate lol

Nikon_Josh said:

Lock down features? When it comes to that, Sony has more features than same price Nikon and Canon cameras.

howdumbyourare.jpg

I heard a lot of Sony owners act like this................
crybaby_sign.gif

I heard a lot of Sony owners act like this................
crybaby_sign.gif

That is a Nikon owner that just realized their camera has a Sony image sensor :lol:

Funny how Sony can't make the very processors they produce perform very well! How is your Sony's HIGH ISO performance? (Oh wait, you don't have HIGH ISO performance! LOL!)
GarfieldROFLAO.gif

Nikon_Josh said:

Sadly Argie my old mate, the features you speak of are gimmicks to me. ;) Nikon and Canon put in everything that is necessary to help the photographer produce amazing images, Nikon make cameras designed to be usable.

Sony are fairly ethical with their cameras because they damn well have to be, mainly because they are fighting with Nikon and Canon for marketshare. So 'cameras' are the ONLY market that Sony offers more features in.

Let's give you the lowdown on Sony in other markets...

Overpriced TV's that are no match for Panasonic offerings.
Overpriced laptops that are not even well built, I had a Sony laptop which had to be sent into repair on 3 separate occasions.
Overpriced stereo systems, had one and the CD reader stopped working.

Don't get me started on how Sony tries to LOCK their customers in, they are as bad as Apple when it comes to bad business ethics in this respect. Only difference is that Apple make decent products, although overpriced and Sony simply make over priced products that sell from BRAND name alone.

Nice try though Argie! :lol:

Nikon_Josh said:

15294523.jpg

This thread is full of Sony win
bigthumb.gif

I do like the toy cameras though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back