phlearn?

mkoop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious if anyone around here has purchased and gone through any of the phlearn tutorials? I am really looking to improve my photoshop and lightroom skills and was curious if this is a good way to go about it. My alternative options are you tube videos, brick and mortar class at local school or magazine / book tutorials. Any options I am overlooking that I should consider?

I haven't purchased any yet, but I probably will at some point. I really love their free tutorials.
Kelby One and Lynda.com are also good, and you can get free 3-day trials at both of them, I think.

I won a free one but haven't tried it yet! I'll download it and let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've purchased a few. I love his way of teaching, and his techniques. The videos I purchased were WAY worth it to me. Each one is a treasure trove of techniques to learn, and there's a LOT of them. Imagine a long string of his free short videos techniques all being used to create one end image, and you have the idea. Seeing how they all interact with each other is a great learning experience.

I give them "2 Wacom Pens Up". :icon_cheers:

I love Phlearn.

I haven't actually bought any of their full tutorials, but have seen a couple of them. They are awesome. The pro-tutorials go into immense depth, from the planning of a shoot, to the lighting, posing and any extra shooting for composite images, then it goes into ridiculous depth about post-processing.

In my opinion, they are the best tutorials out there. They are very honest and open, you can see everything that goes on and they take you through each and every step.

Excellent stuff.

I don't like to spend money when I don't have to. A lot of his techniques are the same as many others who produce free tutorials on youtube, spend some time on youtube and you can learn just about anything from scrambling eggs to building a rocket ship. Seriously.

I've never purchased any but the free ones on Youtube have taught me a lot, so I'm sure they're worth it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back