Photo Assignment '08-COLD- Due Whenever

Hawthorn.jpg
photo.php

I woke up this morning and the world was encased in ice...December in New Hampshire...yes it is.

I thought this first photo would make a good (and challenging) puzzle.

DSC_1047.jpg

DSC_1056.jpg

It's very cold here...Nice job folks...

Thank you SO much! I appreciate it! I've been home for three days with some kind of flu and when I woke up this morning, I HAD to walk outside to see what I could shoot. I could barely lift my damn camera...lol.

But really I very much appreciate your comment!

These were taken a few years ago before I was into photography. I still had a Kodak P&S.

45445534pj1.jpg

33798139zm9.jpg

Edit: Oops, I just saw that it's supposed to be new images. I'll replace these with new ones when I'm on my regular computer and not my laptop...
The "new shots" is just so we don't have the same shot posted on the forum a million times. Great shots by the way!
Wow that is beautiful! I love the colors!

Wow frost is so cool! I love the monochromatic thing you have going on in this photo. It is fantastic!
Here's my contribution.

snowpano.jpg
Is this a pano? Or just cropped? Nice shot though, I feel like I am standing on that dirt road. :D
I woke up this morning and the world was encased in ice...December in New Hampshire...yes it is.

I thought this first photo would make a good (and challenging) puzzle.

DSC_1047.jpg

Oh I love this shot. I can feel the cold just looking at those branches. I too agree it would make a fantastic, yet hard puzzle! Great job!
Thank you SO much! I appreciate it! I've been home for three days with some kind of flu and when I woke up this morning, I HAD to walk outside to see what I could shoot. I could barely lift my damn camera...lol.

But really I very much appreciate your comment!

I totally feel your pain. I came down with something the other day too. I can't quit coughing, but taking cough meds knocks me out. Get well soon, and thanks for braving the weather to take this shot!

trying a bit of street photography. it was FREEZING out today.

upload.jpg

Snowing quite heavily in central park earlier, this was one of my favs.
DSC01316.jpg

Hey all, I hope you don't mind my poking my nose into the advanced forums. I'm a complete noob to photography, but I enjoy reading posts from the more advanced users of the site.

Here's my submissions, taken today.

leia_snow_1.jpg

20081217_0510.jpg

3. (sorry, I borrowed this idea from BizzydaKid. Notice the severe weather warning for today in my area.. :))
iphone_severe_weather.jpg

snow_grass.jpg

snow_prints.jpg

Last edited:
Just went outside on lunch , before we get hit with snow storm tommorow
Jerry

438981648_QxFvX-L.jpg

438981619_bZVc2-L.jpg

Snowing quite heavily in central park earlier, this was one of my favs.
DSC01316.jpg
Oh wow Sibo!!! This is beautiful!

Just went outside on lunch , before we get hit with snow storm tommorow
Jerry

438981648_QxFvX-L.jpg

438981619_bZVc2-L.jpg
Great shots! Welcome to the forum and to the assignment threads. Post as often as you want!
Hey all, I hope you don't mind my poking my nose into the advanced forums. I'm a complete noob to photography, but I enjoy reading posts from the more advanced users of the site.

Here's my submissions, taken today.

leia_snow_1.jpg

20081217_0510.jpg

3. (sorry, I borrowed this idea from BizzydaKid. Notice the severe weather warning for today in my area.. :))
iphone_severe_weather.jpg

snow_grass.jpg

snow_prints.jpg
Looks like you got yourself a nice snow storm. :sexywink:
Welcome to the forum and to the assignment threads. Most of us aren't all that advanced so you will fit right in. Post as much as you want and as often as you want. We are all here to learn.

Sorry for the links, I can't figure out how to embed the image. But they're worth a small indentation of your finger to click on I promise.

A cold drive

In from the Cold

Edit: I took the links out and embeded the pictures in a later post.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back