Photo Bible

zbo2408

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have been very interested in photography for years and this summer I decided to use my time off from school to educate myself about it more.
I bought The Photography Bible by Daniel Lezano New Edition I am now most of the way though it and was just wondering if any one here has read it or knows any good additions to it or what should I do when I'm done reading it?

Also Hardware.... I have a Cannon Powershot A95
How much can I expect out of my lil camera?

Thanks for any & All Help!

I've read that book. It really does help in techniques and ideas. Another book that may help is The Digital Photography Book, Volume 1 by Scott Kelby.
It helps people not just with digital SLRs but with small point and shoot cameras.
I'm not sure how much you can expect out of your camera, but Canon is a really good brand so you can probably expect some positives from it.

Hope this helped.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I came across "Digital DSLRs and Photography for Dummies"

Any one see / read this book?
Any good?

I know nothing about the books (I'm trying to figure out some good ones myself), but I can tell you that you will be able to learn a lot from your little camera. I started out with a camera in the powershot line, and here is what I think:

-Unless you use the digital zoom (I really don't recommend it, since it is basically just cropping within the camera and lowers the quality of your shots), the 3x zoom will frustrate you to no end. That is the biggest reason I upgraded.
-The swivel screen rocks. It really helps to develop your eye for composition, since you don't have to do gymnastics to line up a good shot.
-Avoid using the auto mode, since it has a tendency to overexpose photos.
-This means you'll want to get very familiar with the manual mode, which naturally leads to you learning the ins and outs of "real" photography (you know, instead of auto shot :p), which means once it is time for you to upgrade you'll have a really good feel for what you want to look for in a new camera.

I used my Powershot for 2 years, and I guess I still do every once in a while. I've gotten some amazing shots with it. Good luck with yours, and enjoy :)

Thanks for the responses ya'll! I have been using this A95 for about 3-4 years now I think... I have always experimented with the parameters but I never played with it enough to really learn it so now I finally got serious about it....

The most annoying thing that I haven't figured out yet is when in Macro mode... or any mode really the Manual focus works by selecting manual focus & then just mashing left & right on the directional pad... but it is sooooo slow & sometimes it stops @ 20cm and wont go any lower... I cannot figure out why... any thoughts??? Macro is really the main time I need MF with this camera I rarely have any problems w/ the AF

BTW I am most interested in Nature photography... Mountains, my gardens, animals ect...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back