Photo Color- C&C please

debauch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would like your thoughts on the colors in these photos. Are they accurate/correct? overdone? Also maybe some general opinions about these photos as well. I was going for something interesting and maybe some what "artsy".

I'm edited the photos on my laptop (I'm pretty sure I calibrated the screen correctly) but...did I mention that I'm partially color blind? :lol: Oh, also, I've been "into photography" for maybe three months or so. I'm loving photography as a hobby (no dreams of grandeur or being famous)...just like taking photos for fun.

So...thoughts? Thank you

$Faucet.jpg

Wife was driving. She turned the corner and I saw the trees on the left side light up by the sun. Pulled out the camera and snapped a shot (through the windshield) then "color enhanced" on my laptop.
$Sac.jpg

I'd crop the first to only include the faucet and drop.
The seond one...well...not much there. Sorry

No apology needed. I asked for an opinion so thank you. Being new at this, I'm having a hard time distinguishing between "wow that's a good photo" and "wow that's a good photo because I took it".... lol.

Hey, regarding not knowing what's good? I have that problem myself. You have to ask yourself "Would someone find this interesting?" The problem I still stuggle with is getting myself out of the equation. Just because I think it's interesting, doesn't mean the next person will.

You didn't specify if you allow editing, but you seem like you're open minded so I'll stick my neck out. If you want me to pull it down, just say the word. No problem.

I looked at your two photo's. The second one? There's just no much there but a snapshot of a street scene. I moved to the first and came up with this. It's not earth shattering but at least to me, it's a little interesting. I spent about 10 minutes in post throwing this together just to give an idea. Sometimes less is more.

View attachment 34424
Well, it least if you get thrown out of here, you'll have company...:lmao:

Of course your edit makes the out of focus-ness even more pronounced but it does nicely suggest other ways to frame this subject.

I’m not expecting anyone to knock on my door offering me a million bucks for the photo so edit away. No worries on my part. I updated my profile to allow editing too.

I see what you mean about cropping though. I’m not sure I would have cropped it as much as you did (for the effect I was going for anyway) but I do get your point and your version is interesting, which is what I wanted. Hell, while playing around with my own version of a crop I noticed the mess on the left side of the photo where I inadvertently cut off the elbow and pipe running down the right side of the photo.

Hum…I think I may have learned something from this. Thank you.

Of course your edit makes the out of focus-ness even more pronounced but it does nicely suggest other ways to frame this subject.

:) That falls under "It's not earth shattering but at least to me, it's a little interesting."

Damn! I hadn't even noticed that! lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back