Photo Op.

eccs19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So we got a call from a friend of our inviting us to an "icecream party". I'm sure your thinking the same thing that we were thinking.... "What the heck is an icecream party?" So my wife calls them, and sure enough, it's exactly what it sounds like. A party with icecream. Now your probably wondering where the photo op comes from. Good question..... My friend and his dad restore old cars. Not old cars like Mustangs, etc., but older cars like model T's, etc. Apparently during the party, they are going to have a few on display for people to check out, and may even do a tour out in them later in the day.

So... Anyone have any good tips for taking some decent shots of these cars? I'm not sure if it's going to be in the middle of the day, or later, but I don't expect it to be at night. I think it will be fun regardless, but if I can get some good shots, I'll be even happier. Icecream and old cars to get some shots of. I think these would look good processed in Black & White.

Good luck! My best advice will be to take your time and think about each shot; watch your backgrounds and DoF, and generally (unless there's a LOT of space) consider shooting parts of each car rather than trying to get the whole car (and doubtless parts of other cars and people) in the frame.

That does sound very cool. I love old cars!

tirediron is dead on with his advice. The only thing I would add would be to consider is using a polarizing filter if it is in the middle of the day. That will help cut down on the glare and reflections from the clean paint and chrome. And I would have a graduated ND filter on hand to help with the sky in the background (once again depends on time and placement of the cars).

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Thanks for the tips guys. I will keep these all in mind. Unfortunately I don't have any filters yet, so I will just have to be extra careful. Play with different exposures if needed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back