RodeoFotocom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rodeofoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!

I was wondering what you all think is the best photo printer out there right now.

I have been printing with a Cannon 9900 but it is wore right out.

I would like to upgrade to the newest technology and willing to spend in the 1000 range.

Any feedback you could give me would be great!

I need something that is easy to use, and has good longevity.

Thanks photo people!

I just joined this forum and I am looking forward to meeting all of you!

Weezy - RodeoFoto.com

check out the epson 3800, wait for a sale, or rebate situation and it will fit your 1000 level.

If you weren't out in the middle of nowhere ;), I'd recommend using a pro lab rather than printing yourself. The actual costs are pretty comparable and it's nice not to have to worry about the upkeep of a printer, not to mention running out of paper/ink when you need it. Of course, it's convenient to have the printer on hand.

Epson is, in my opinion, at the top of the heap right now in terms of print quality and printer hardware. I'm using a R1900 and love the thing. It's output rivals that of the best lab I've gotten prints from. It's fast, quiet, prints CD/DVDs and can print on all types of media.

If you have $1000 to spend, the 2880 can be had for $600 right now with the $200 rebate. It's quite similar to the 1900 but it does a better job printing B&W's whereas the 1900 is more for printing color prints (what I mostly print).

the 2800 will do a very nice job with the biggest difference between it and th 3800 will be the foot print and the ink cost.

mike is correct , if you only print on occassion it might not be cost effective to do your own.

that is a huge difference in price. sorry.

i use my 3800 basically for black and white only. an hp9180 for color as i have had it longer and have paper profiles already prepared. I have been very happy with both.

the 1900 per epson's rep told me is really meant for glossy prints, and they do look terrific, but he advised not using matt papers. I am sure there are folks who have used matt papers and may or maynot like the look. Just passing on information from the "horse's mouth" , so to speak.

the 2800 will do a very nice job with the biggest difference between it and th 3800 will be the foot print and the ink cost.

mike is correct , if you only print on occassion it might not be cost effective to do your own.

that is a huge difference in price. sorry.

i use my 3800 basically for black and white only. an hp9180 for color as i have had it longer and have paper profiles already prepared. I have been very happy with both.

the 1900 per epson's rep told me is really meant for glossy prints, and they do look terrific, but he advised not using matt papers. I am sure there are folks who have used matt papers and may or maynot like the look. Just passing on information from the "horse's mouth" , so to speak.

2800 has been replaced by the 2880. It's what I have and love it for both color prints and B&W.

oops, that was a typo on my part. sorry, i meant the 2880

If you weren't out in the middle of nowhere ;), I'd recommend using a pro lab rather than printing yourself. The actual costs are pretty comparable and it's nice not to have to worry about the upkeep of a printer, not to mention running out of paper/ink when you need it. Of course, it's convenient to have the printer on hand.

Hey there!

I am sure the pro lab is way better. The issue I have is I market to the impulse buyer. They want a photo right now, not in the mail and they don't want to wait. I also market to people I may never see again (say a parent of a mutton buster - they don't follow the curcuit). It is a very different photo market - the Rodeo Photography thing.

Thanks for the input, so appreciated! :D

Epson is, in my opinion, at the top of the heap right now in terms of print quality and printer hardware. I'm using a R1900 and love the thing. It's output rivals that of the best lab I've gotten prints from. It's fast, quiet, prints CD/DVDs and can print on all types of media.

If you have $1000 to spend, the 2880 can be had for $600 right now with the $200 rebate. It's quite similar to the 1900 but it does a better job printing B&W's whereas the 1900 is more for printing color prints (what I mostly print).

Thanks! I will check it out!! :thumbup:

Where do most of you buy your printers and photo supplies? From a chain or direct from the Manu?

The R2880 is about $300 more then the 1900. Is it worth the extra money?

It's amazing how many bad reviews I've seen of the 2880 as well as great ones ... I wonder if they have QC issues.

if you want high end black and white prints, then IMO you need the 2880, if not ........

i bought my hp 9180 on line a buydigital.com as it was the cheapest and offered free shipping.

the 3800, at my local dealers as i can get the support i need, plus they had a 300 dollar rebate which dropped the cost. I know several folks who have purchased from Epson directly, especially when they have rebates and free shipping.

With paper and inks i do shop around the internet , with the hp i have been using hegfer (sp ?) . they are in canada but give terrific customer services and the ink is cheaper.

With the epson , i haven't had to purhase any new carts yet and as i get a professional discount at my local camera store so i will probably use them, however, i always check internet options as well.

Wow. I had decided not to buy a printer, as what I wanted was pretty steep for a hobbyist. On the other hand, the 2880 is $519 right now from Buydig after Epson's $200 mail-in rebate (good until the end of September). This is awfully tempting ...

How about it, folks? Has anyone had major issues with their 2880? As I said, some reviews really drag it across the coals.

Wait ...

The Amazon price is $623. With the rebate, that would be $423 ... OMG, I might just do this ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back