photo shoot

maricasprs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some pictures I took to build my portfolio. Please let me know what you think and offer advice on what I can do better.

eb1.jpg

This is my younger sister and she has been really helpful. I did her senior pictures earlier but I lost those pictures because my computer crashed. So I had her pose for me again. I didn't have the same photosoftware that I had before which was the CS2, so i couldn't do as much editing as I think I shouldve done. Anyways, let me know what i can do better.

eb2.jpg

eb3.jpg

jeremaine1.jpg

#4 this is my best friend who was also very helpful

jeremaine3.jpg

noe1.jpg

My little cousin noe. I will be posting pictures of a photoshoot i did for her mom and auntie in another post. please check them out and let me know how I did as well.

Improve your focus, exposure, lighting and composition. That may sound a little harsh, but you've got blown highlights, deep shadows and lots of unused space. It's a good start for sure, but I think you're a little way from a portfolio yet. The best thing you could do at this point, IMO, is to learn and master the use of your flash as a fill light.

I'm sorry, but a lot of these shots look like they were done with a cell phone. Bad quality, must be the site you uploaded to?

I'd say none of those belong in a 'portfolio', like the above post said, you have a lot of basic photography blunders in your shots. Practice a little more before thinking "portfolio"

:thumbdown:, id say keep shooting and learning before you put a portfolio together.

Although I'm yet unable to always apply in my pictures what I'm learning here, I started to recognize issue in others' pictures :) . Let me give some more precise hint related to others comments (what I can).

#0: I personally like the pose, but tones are very flat. The subject is not well separed from background. A smaller DoF would have helped in that, and perhaps also some flash to make her pop-up. I would crop a little at left and top.

#1: blown out sky, face centered in the picture. Fill-in flash? More of her in picture?

#2: If taken more on the left, you would have saved her arm now cropped, and eliminated the extra room on right. At the same time, eyes would be at about one third of the picture (for composition, start reading something like this: 10 Top Photography Composition Rules | PhotographyMad.com ). By the way, arms are in a symmetric position that could have been exploited in the picture.

#3, #4: Here he seems not to be very helpful but more bored, perhaps looking to camera is a better pose.

#5: You cut a foot. Face is almost invisible (fill-in flash). Unused room around.

Anyway, everyone started from some picture, it's matter of exercise :) .

Most reactions

Back