Photo Software?

TomWatson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tomfwatson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for a recommendation on a free/cheap software program (not iPhoto) that allows me to quickly view, tag, rank, and delete photos. It needs to be software on my computer (not in the cloud). Reason for this is that I'm finally going to organize my 13 years of family photos. I work off a MacBook Pro.

Thanks for your help!
Tom

I'm finally going to organize my 13 years of family photos. I work off a MacBook Pro.

13 years of photos? I'm assuming that is alot of images? Professional software is developed to work quickly, and efficiently so it doesn't overload your hardware, I would recommend just using a trial of Adobe Lightroom. I use this software almost daily and if you have a chance to use a trial (30 days) I'd recommend you smash through all these images on there as quickly as you can before the trial runs out!

Good Luck! - Doug

I'm not sure if it is a lot compared to most people but I'm looking at about 14,000 images. I'll check out LR today. Thanks Doug!

Aperture!! I believe it is cheaper than Lightroom, and it's specifically an apple programs. It is FANTASTIC.

I would also recommend Lightroom.

It's not free/cheap but for what it does, and how well it does it...the price is well worth it IMO.

I have Aperture now and really like the program. It is kind of a slow program so the thought of running through 14K images in Aperture terrifies me!

If that is all you need to do then Picsa will work fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back