Photobucket for proofs?

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone use photobucket for their clients proofs? Im thinking about doing that because i don't have the money right now to pay for smugmug or anything like that. Has anyone done this or thought of this? How do you think it would work out?

TBH...It seems a little unprofessional to me.

I use Photocart. It's an application that is loaded onto my website, which is nice because I don't have to send clients away from my site. I did have to pay for it, but it was a one time purchase...I don't pay a monthly or yearly fee and I don't pay a commission on orders placed etc. But I don't have the option of having print orders filled automatically...I do have to send the orders to the lab myself and then deliver or ship the orders myself.

Also photobucket is horrible to look at - ads all over the place and every time I head back its interface always seems more "messy".

You could easily use flickr for at least a cleaner, ad free and more professional appearance - paying for a pro account there (which is very cheap I might add) would also let you make a private set for them (though they would also require a flickr account and to be added as your friend on there for that to work - not impossible, but not ideal).

Most reactions

Back