Photograph processing

nem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey,

When you take photos on a non-digital camera and it is getting processed do you get worried about the outcome?

Is it normal? Everytime i get the feeling they will come out bad!

I didn't help that feeling the other night when I developed a roll of b&w 120 and ended up with a roll of clear plastic! Doh! :(

nem said:
Hey,

When you take photos on a non-digital camera and it is getting processed do you get worried about the outcome?

Is it normal? Everytime i get the feeling they will come out bad!

Today's sign that the Apocalypse is upon us...people are referring to film cameras as "non-digital" cameras.

;)

Walt said:
I didn't help that feeling the other night when I developed a roll of b&w 120 and ended up with a roll of clear plastic! Doh! :(

film is like a computer
it does what it is made to do

with your problem
either u DIDNT feed the film properly into the camera
or
you used fixer before developer

had that problem myself when i first started :oops:

I believe it was a case of "This old developer should be good for one last roll!" Hard to load the film wrong in the camera and not catch it. Starts on one reel and ends up on the other. Still, in the end, my fault. :(

Walt said:
I believe it was a case of "This old developer should be good for one last roll!" Hard to load the film wrong in the camera and not catch it. Starts on one reel and ends up on the other. Still, in the end, my fault. :(
thats not neccesarily true though
in one class i was teaching about 5 of the students have done it at one point or another
even after i gave a warning about it

sometimes the film catches, then gets uncaught

it happens
i mean u may be right, but it happens

gecko said:
Walt said:
Hard to load the film wrong in the camera and not catch it. Starts on one reel and ends up on the other.
thats not neccesarily true though
in one class i was teaching about 5 of the students have done it at one point or another
even after i gave a warning about it

sometimes the film catches, then gets uncaught

it happens
i mean u may be right, but it happens

What you say is possible with 35mm film, but with 120 film if it ends up on the take-up roll, then it had to go through the camera (no rewinding for MF). Many modern medium format cameras won't even let you take photos if the film is not advancing through the camera correctly.

Walt said:

That totally sucks, Walt. I did that last spring myself. Lost two rolls of vacation pics to dead del. :(

Oh well, lesson learned! While I don't relish the thought of mixing powders that seems to be the only practicle solution considering the frequency I use my darkroom. Or....maybe I should be using the darkroom more often?!

ksmattfish said:
What you say is possible with 35mm film, but with 120 film if it ends up on the take-up roll, then it had to go through the camera (no rewinding for MF). Many modern medium format cameras won't even let you take photos if the film is not advancing through the camera correctly.
my fault missed the 120

Most reactions

New Topics

Back