Photographer Freeware/Shareware

kitjv

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a bit slow, but recently I came across The Photographers' Ephemeris -- a freeware app specifically designed for photogs. I was so impressed that I thought I would inquiry about other favorite freeware/shareware applications for photography. Your favorites?

GIMP is a totally free (if somewhat tricky interfaced) and pretty darn powerful editing package that is totally freeware by design .

I recommend GIMP, I use it for all my photo editing. As mentioned in the prior reply, it is freely available and it's a very good alternative to Photoshop once you get used to it.

I recommend GIMP, I use it for all my photo editing. As mentioned in the prior reply, it is freely available and it's a very good alternative to Photoshop once you get used to it.

I'll third the Gimp and raise you a Photoshop UI Plug-in just in case you're already used to photoshop's UI and want to mimic it with Gimp.

Maybe I'm a bit slow, but recently I came across The Photographers' Ephemeris -- a freeware app specifically designed for photogs. I was so impressed that I thought I would inquiry about other favorite freeware/shareware applications for photography. Your favorites?

Nice find - thanks for sharing.

I use Shrink-O-Matic (Adobe Air App) for batch image resizing.

These days, I use GIMP pretty much exclusively for my editing. At first it was a little tricky, but after a while you get the hang of it. Some of the things you can do are a lot harder to figure out than they are in PS, but it is pretty capable.

Most things you can do in PS, you can also do in GIMP. Sometimes it's just harder to figure out how.

Yes. Macro enthusiasts and astronomers have been using the technique for years and years.

GIMP is a totally free (if somewhat tricky interfaced) and pretty darn powerful editing package that is totally freeware by design .

I'm another that pretty much uses only GIMP for my editing. Occasionally I'll use Paint.net, but the GIMP is so much more capable. Like the others said, the user interface takes awhile to really figure out, but there are so many great tutorials for the program.

I'm another fan of Gimp
also use Starcalc if you like taking sun and moon shots, which allows you can view sky as you would see outside your window
There is also Stellarium where you can add your own full 360deg pic that easier to positions based you your surroundings

Most reactions

New Topics

Back