Photographers around us

at least trhe first image appears a bit large ;)

can you name the city?

A couple more additions to this theme, seen (and candidly photographed) in Hamburg on Saturday evening:

HH-photographer1.jpg

HH-photographer2.jpg

HH-photographer3.jpg

HH-photographer4.jpg

HH-photographer5.jpg

What is it that got them all so interested?

see_here

In LA, outside of the fancy restaurants (where I get to spend most of my evenings) there's always a few paparazzi hanging around. A few weeks ago my wife and I had a quick dinner at Dan Tana's when the Hiltons walked in (together with Tommy Hilfiger), followed a few minutes later by Hugh Hefner with 9 (NINE!) playmates, followed a few minutes later by three of the Lakers. When we got outside there was 30 guys (with fat lenses) pointing at us just firing away like nervous grunts in their first combat engagement. My wife is quite cute, so they kept firing away, but once I got into the shot there was a discernable groan of disappointment that went through the crowd.

Of course, I did NOT have a camera with me.... bummer.

heff and his ladies are always at Dan Tana's... The same thing happen to me when I cam out of Koi... All these paparazzi raised there camera and than saw that it was just a civilian and put there cameras down.

Taken at a museum.

2058881401_fb599dc8f8_o.jpg

When going into Hamburg on Saturday, we took the train.
Upon approaching the local station, I already saw the bride and groom and photographer. Seems like this very train ("Metronom") played an important part in their having got to know each other, so they had chosen our station as their photo venue. (Jeff, should you look: he's the photographer whose shop we saw, the only one around!)

Here's just some of the things my camera "saw".

weddingphotographer01.jpg

Photo with the Hamburg-Bremen train approaching

weddingphotographer02.jpg

The conductor actually stopped the train for a wee while for them to get their photos taken while smiling out of the train doors into the camera!

weddingphotographer03.jpg

weddingphotographer04.jpg

Quick photos with the train to Bremen departing in the background

weddingphotographer05.jpg

Chimping on the platform, in the presence of the clients

weddingphotographer06.jpg

Now they had come over the footbridge to the other platform, to get more photos, now with the Bremen-Hamburg train approaching (the one we were going to take)

weddingphotographer07.jpg

Through the window of our train, more photos with the "Metronom" as background (we were moving out of the station already here).

I had once gone into his shop to ask him if he'd let me assist on his wedding photo sessions, and he had taken down my details and promised to phone me, should something come up. He never did...

http://www.saschabett.de/ is his homepage.

thanks Corinna! Never saw those latest additions :)

I remember jogging there in the morning :D

Wedding.....next to electric R/R tracks...poor bastard might as well jump in now! lol :lmao:

Sorry, couldn't resist!! :p

No. You did not say that ... :(
My son had to go attend a funeral today ... of a former class mate of his, who had left school after Grade 11 (i.e. two years ago). He had jumped in front of a train ... last Monday :(.
So no. You didn't really say that!

OK, what can we do to change the mood back... any one out there having a photo of another photographer?

ok, undone! sorry! happened way to often in recent months in Germany anyway ...

I love this topic. This one isn't exactly taking a photo, but I like it.
2559989585_3d81a22f06.jpg

Some random stuff I have

060809a.jpg

060809b.jpg

060809c.jpg

070629ac035.jpg

Claffie bonus: the missus is in this one trying to elbow her way in. Of course, she got her shot.

Ah, hang on! Seems like I have some more for this theme! :idea:

2636448761_ef2b5b276e_o.jpg

2638845454_dc4dd08e7b_o.jpg

2645000297_e251c89d1e_o.jpg

2645076693_d1d1f11efe_o.jpg

Eventually, two successive days with 10 hours work each (swim meet) got too much for him :greenpbl: :wink: --- but not for me :biggrin: .

No. You did not say that ... :(
My son had to go attend a funeral today ... of a former class mate of his, who had left school after Grade 11 (i.e. two years ago). He had jumped in front of a train ... last Monday :(.
So no. You didn't really say that!

OK, what can we do to change the mood back... any one out there having a photo of another photographer?

OMG, LaFoto I'm really sorry. What was meant to be a bad joke turned for the worse, I apologize. I had no idea...I feel like a jerk now :meh:

Really, was just a marriage joke. Didn't mean to step on any toes...just meant for a laugh...dang. To anyone that might of upset....I apologize. :confused:

That's ok, Bradster. Alex had added in on the joke, and my reply was more in his direction (and in all friendliness really, he and I get along pretty well), and he deleted it, and all in all no one could have known, so you cannot be blamed. It's ok! Totally ok.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back