Photographers notebook?

AuraTodd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi do any of you know or can you recommend a photographers notebook that I can write notes in, setting like ISO etc from?

I'm looking for one I can take on field trips with me?

Many thanks.

An A6 sized one from Poundland. £1.

If you use a digital camera it's in the EXIF data of the file.

An A6 sized one from Poundland. £1.

I haven't seen one, looking for something which has prewritten sections in.

If you use a digital camera it's in the EXIF data of the file.

Thank you, Very handy to write in a book, but not really what I meant :)

Hi do any of you know or can you recommend a photographers notebook that I can write notes in, setting like ISO etc from?

I'm looking for one I can take on field trips with me?

Many thanks.
I use spiral bound colored index cards. When filled up, I sort them by color (specific color by camera) in index file card box. I usually put one in each film camera bag. As mentioned, digital uses exif data and no need. If I forget them, I use my record feature on my phone and speak the settings into them and transfer later onto index card. Old school but it works for me.

http://www.shoplet.com/C-line-Spira...haQbOQ_13E9ZtMKv1Z8j3VLnuAZIEsjgD-RoCjYHw_wcB

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Poundland? Yes, they're everywhere -all big towns.

Thanks never heard of shoplet, are they very good?

@AuraTodd ...I am not sure. Just sent the link as a reference. I bought mine at a Salvation army thrift store for a quarter a piece (packs of three). I see them in almost every Salvation Army Thrift store here in Michigan, they must have picked up a truckload and distributed them to the various outlets. I should mention these notes are an invaluable tool if your working on a certain look or style. So when you post a pic for C & C, you have specific questions and get specific answers from the pro's on here, they are very helpful.

Info on card... as an example.

Lens: 50mm 1.7 - K1000
Mode: Manual
Aperture: 6.3
Shutter: 1/80
Focus: N/A
Meter: N/A
Flash: Yes - Manual 1/4 - Fill
Film: ISO 400, Fuji Super X - Camera set to 800 ISO
Filter: Yellow Y48

Notes: Tractor show Mason, MI

Last edited:

Took a look at that first link. I really like those notebooks, but holy cow, they're selling an Argus C3 for $937? ON SALE?? Okay, they are refurnishing it with a mahogany skin, but seriously, $1K for a Brick?? They are everywhere, and if someone really wants to shoot with one, they can get one for $25 eeeeeasy. Every time Buzz and I go into a junk shop to poke around, we have a running bet to see who finds the Brick first. Because there's always a Brick. Someone who spends $1K on that camera just because it's got a mahogany skin probably has more money than sense, and I'll bet cares less about using the camera and more about showing it off.

I've always used simple pocket notebooks. The past few years they have been the small unlined moleskine as they hold up to heavy travel usage. I don't think I could use one that had boxes to fill in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back