Photographers Rights

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by KmH, Jul 6, 2018.

1. 480sparky

480sparky Chief Free Electron Relocator Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    She investigated herself at the same time and found she will do nothing wrong in the next five years as well.

2. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Braineack: hello red herring, how's it going?
    Red Herring: oh, just introducing irrelevant topics into the discussion to divert.
    Braineack: So long as you know that's what you're doing...

two relevant laws in CO:

Colorado Revised Statutes §16-3-103 (1)

(1) A peace officer may stop any person who he reasonably suspects is committing, has committed, or is about to commit a crime and may require him to give his name and address, identification if available, and an explanation of his actions. A peace officer shall not require any person who is stopped pursuant to this section to produce or divulge such person's social security number. The stopping shall not constitute an arrest.

(2) When a peace officer has stopped a person for questioning pursuant to this section and reasonably suspects that his personal safety requires it, he may conduct a pat-down search of that person for weapons.

------

Colorado Revised Statutes §18-3-303

(1) Any person who knowingly confines or detains another without the other's consent and without proper legal authority commits false imprisonment. This section shall not apply to a peace officer acting in good faith within the scope of his or her duties.

(2) False imprisonment is a Colorado class 2 misdemeanor; except that false imprisonment is a Colorado class 5 felony if:

(a) The person uses force or threat of force to confine or detain the other person; and
    (b) The person confines or detains the other person for twelve hours or longer.

-----

Not a CO law: It is illegal to take pictures of people in public.

What gain is to be had here?

You never answered my question on this.

Again, you honestly believe this is going to do anything? You realize the city PROTECTS their employee, and if not them, then the union will at all costs.

Police officers are also protected under immunity from any wrong doings, if an investigation ever found there was wrongdoing, the officer would get a paid vacation during the investigation, and then given a promotion when they conclude the investigation resulted in no findings. and if there was the slightest chance the DA would take a case against their own employee, they would turn the Grand Jury into a dog and pony show and only present evidence on why the officer acted within the law -- defending the officer against charges -- not presenting a case against the officer.

If you need examples I can easily give you hundreds of the same ol story.

Badges grant you extra rights.

The point is, police shouldn't be able to act outside the law, then get to hide behind the law. You keep ignoring that she was well within all her rights to stand there and photograph what was going on in public without fear of being falsely imprisoned. This is America, not the eu or russia or nk or china...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 8:56 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 480sparky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG]

4. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Plenty of people seem to go online and complain and then not do anything about whatever it is. File the complaint. It just sounds like an excuse and is certainly an assumption to say nothing will be done, you don't know without trying. And follow thru on it as needed.

Or if need be take it to the next step; go to your city council or county commissioners' meeting, find out how to get on the agenda. You have the internet at your fingertips, look up where to go next with your complaint if it is not resolved to your satisfaction with your local police or sheriff's dept.

5. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Well, since there are no Gestapo in either image, the point is meaningless.

6. 480sparky

Photos NOT OK to edit

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.