Photographers these days....I swear...

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Enjoy the wordplosion that is that Facebook post.

She refers to copyright as being 'her terms' when, in actuality, her stipulations are basically the same as the typical US copyright laws.

She posts that top part on every photograph. Apparently she's living under the false assumption that people give a damn.

This is the same photographer who goes on Facebook rants about how people are stealing her ideas (omg, travesty)

Mehhhh... she's not going to take any of my business. Just goes to show the level [lack of] experience that's becoming the new norm!

Mehhhh... she's not going to take any of my business. Just goes to show the level [lack of] experience that's becoming the new norm!

Yeah I know. I just think it's funny how bad that post is.

I mean, one time she literally chewed an unnamed photographer out because he 'stole' her cliche easter setup.

It's really depressing how low the level of acceptable photography is becoming. I am constantly amazed at the junk that people rave about these days, and I just don't understand it. People look at a run-down house and they see a run-down house. They look at a beat-up car and see a beat-up car. They look at horrible photography and see a masterpiece. It's frightening.

It's really depressing how low the level of acceptable photography is becoming. I am constantly amazed at the junk that people rave about these days, and I just don't understand it. People look at a run-down house and they see a run-down house. They look at a beat-up car and see a beat-up car. They look at horrible photography and see a masterpiece. It's frightening.

Better be prepared for a certain Big Tuna around here to "borrow" your entire succinct post as his new sig file...

They look at a beat-up car and see a beat-up car. They look at horrible photography and see a masterpiece. It's frightening.

I've known people to pay a small fortune for the right beat-up-car ;)

Also anyone who thinks that the standards are - ahem - lower - clearly managed to miss the whole disposable film camera ear; and the commercial consumer 35mm film camera era - and and and and yeah generally just didn't see the piles of rubbish that were produced cause they didn't have internet access (or granted because the internet didn't exist back then; and when it did only geeks used it).

I think many get too worried about this mystical "state of the market" thing - and asides they are also missing all the great shots being taken :)

Edit - also whilst the language is somewhat hostile I've no problem with photographers aiming to educate others as to the rights of photographers and photos. More power to them if they want to spread the education of copyright and such (because darn it schools don't)

Her heart is in the right place.

I've known people to pay a small fortune for the right beat-up-car ;)

Also anyone who thinks that the standards are - ahem - lower - clearly managed to miss the whole disposable film camera ear; and the commercial consumer 35mm film camera era - and and and and yeah generally just didn't see the piles of rubbish that were produced cause they didn't have internet access (or granted because the internet didn't exist back then; and when it did only geeks used it).

No, I didn't miss it. Christmas of 1965, I think it was, I worked in a camera store part time and I must have wrapped a thousand Kodak Instamatics. My mother even got me a Kodak Signet 40 rangefinder and they wrapped it in one of the Instamatic boxes so I'd think it was one I wrapped.

Those were the 126 cartridge series, which were followed by the Instamatic 110 series and then by that "Photo Disk" thing. Then the truly disposable one-use cameras. Yeah, I remember them well ;)

You are right in that we just didn't see the bad shots. There was no internet, the magazines didn't print bad photographs, and the newspapers still used staff PJ's that knew how to shoot. All we saw was the good stuff and not the junk, so I'll give you that one! It's just EASIER to see the bad stuff today.

You are right in that we just didn't see the bad shots. There was no internet, the magazines didn't print bad photographs, and the newspapers still used staff PJ's that knew how to shoot. All we saw was the good stuff and not the junk, so I'll give you that one! It's just EASIER to see the bad stuff today.

I'll agree with you there - its never been easier to get into print or just display ones work online. That said I think its also equally true for the good stuff - we are in a very lucky age for art where many of the barriers are blasted away. Class, education, equipment (to some degree), style, gender etc... - these things are no longer the barriers and restrictions that they once were many times over in the past. With that freedom comes a lot of trash; but it also comes with all the good stuff too - floodgates are open - grab your boat and be sure to work a bit to paddle over to the good stuff - if you just sit there in the tide you'll get swept away by the average.

Edit - also whilst the language is somewhat hostile I've no problem with photographers aiming to educate others as to the rights of photographers and photos. More power to them if they want to spread the education of copyright and such (because darn it schools don't)

Yes, I found it bizarre once to be giving a workshop on Copyright Law to experienced television producers. Even more when I queried their assumptions about copyright and found them all legally incorrect.

It's often missed (usually by people very good at what they do) that with this freedom of information is going to come a new era of education. A lot of the "junk" you see now, will actually improve because people DO have easy access to the "good" work... and not only that, they have easy access to LEARN IT! I agree, I think people just worry too much about it. In the end, what does it really matter? Does someone taking a bad photo cause YOU to take a bad photo? Does someone else's lack of understanding mean that you understand less than you did?

Will markets change? Yep.. they always do. That's just something you have to get used to in the business side of things... and regardless of how good you are as a photographer, some SUCK at the business. hehehe... I think if your concerns are in the business end, you just have to be sure you know that aspect of it. As for the artistic end, it doesn't really matter. Everyone has the right to artistically express themselves regardless of how good or bad anyone else thinks it is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back