Photographic Children

So basically if you're not endorsing a product, place, thing, idea, ANYTHING and simply selling as art it's fine? I have no intention of selling but that has been one thing I've wondered since getting into photography.

I'm pretty sure, but again I'm no lawyer. But if you do have an inention of selling it, even just for artistic purposes, I would get a release. Even if you're completely in the right, if someone sees their photos being sold and decides to get a laywer it will save you a lot of headaches and having to hire your own attorney.

I'm pretty sure many a photographer has been sued by the subject because they didn't get a release, even if its for arts sake. There's one chick I have in mind, I'll have to google her as I've forgotten her name...

Nope, that was Barbara Krueger and she does something different.
But I found this interesting to read, even though its not peer reviewed the source looks decent-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_release

I'm pretty sure many a photographer has been sued by the subject because they didn't get a release, even if its for arts sake. There's one chick I have in mind, I'll have to google her as I've forgotten her name...

That's why I said that he should get one either way. Saying "well someone told me on TPF it was ok" Won't really hold up

That's why I said that he should get one either way. Saying "well someone told me on TPF it was ok" Won't really hold up

lol doubt it will but it will give me something to check into.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back