Photographic equipment used for non-photographic purposes...

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I can't be the only one who does this all the time... I'm always using things from the gear closet for non-photographic purposes. My C-stands make supports for a number of projects, lights get used for all sorts of things... the latest, and possibly most unique (for me, at least) came about today when I had to replace a circuit board in my stove. Needing three hands, but having only been issued the usual two, and not really having the work in a position where someone else could easily hold it for me, I found that my trusty 'soldering buddy' would clamp very nicely and securely in the RC6 base of my Manfrotto tripod (In your FACE Arca-Swiss! :p ) and hold the board while I soldered the wires to it...

Tripod_Stove%20(Custom).JPG

Soooooo... let's see some pictures or hear some stories of what you've used camera for, other than create images!

Damm I got it backwards I use tools from the workshop in my photography
The clamp from a Bosch laser level has the same thread as the camera

I have used an old Honeywell Nikkor four- reel stainless film developing tank as a cocktail shaker before... the light-proof lid makes a wonderful sieve for ice, allowing only liquor goodness to exit the top...good for drinks in which you add crushed ice and then the alcohol components and shake. this is a wonderful cocktail shaker!

Damm I got it backwards I use tools from the workshop in my photography
The clamp from a Bosch laser level has the same thread as the camera
Nice - that works!

I have used an old Honeywell Nikkor four- reel stainless film developing tank as a cocktail shaker before... the light-proof lid makes a wonderful sieve for ice, allowing only liquor goodness to exit the top...good for drinks in which you add crushed ice and then the alcohol components and shake. this is a wonderful cocktail shaker!
Now that is creative! I think I might have a couple of those kicking around still... a shame I'm more a beer guy than a cocktail one.

I like that idea!
Thanks! :)

Use my Godox LED64 more often for other things than photography.
Those little LED panels are REALLY useful for a lot of things!

We used to use those film roll canisters to cary herbs
5655CDC9-B12B-4178-86AA-6870DB792948.png

And it's stainless steel too! Sounds like a great idea.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back