Photographic Technique Question - Dream Like Quality

photophotophoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!

Does anyone know the photographic technique this photographer uses for her shoots? - elina kechicheva | Photographer

The shots have vibrant but dulled colours and almost a misty haze. Very dream like. I have never been able to figure it out and I am in love the look!

I think it has something to do with pushing ektar 100 to 400 and underexposing it by one stop in post but if anyone has any other ideas I would love to hear :)

Thank you

Oh, that's unfortunate. Maybe a language barrier? If so, maybe Google translate the correspondence?

Just looking at them briefly on phone, I bet a film preset in software would be a good start. Alienskin Exposure X2 has a lot of them. Nikon has free software that has them too but the name of the software escapes me at the moment. The Nik collection?

Just looking at them briefly on phone, I bet a film preset in software would be a good start. Alienskin Exposure X2 has a lot of them. Nikon has free software that has them too but the name of the software escapes me at the moment. The Nik collection?
It has to be more than a preset or custom effect. I'm sure it comes into play but the colours are so unique

It has to be more than a preset or custom effect. I'm sure it comes into play but the colours are so unique
Right. Select a preset then selective color, temperature, and tone adjustments. Here's the thing, in alienskin Exposure, which I use occasionally, gives you the ability to create your own presets. At this time, I only edit things like senior pics as an example. Most everything I do is in camera so I really can't help you much as I loathe editing.

Doubt you'll get a recipe card from her--or anyone else. Go into the kitchen and do some cooking yourself with the Nik Collection or VSCO plug-ins.

Doubt you'll get a recipe card from her--or anyone else. Go into the kitchen and do some cooking yourself with the Nik Collection or VSCO plug-ins.
Yeah I plan to test my theory on how she shoots but would love all the help I can get from this forum !

Editing, composition, costumes and subjects aside I would say the key to her technique is...

...a smoke machine

Editing, composition, costumes and subjects aside I would say the key to her technique is...

...a smoke machine
not really... I think you viewed the first image and not her general style.

she definitely ran around with a smoke canister on that first one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back