Photographing Lightning.

robsteth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have heard this is difficult but the pictures sell...............any idea how much a picture of lighting sells for ? Years ago a photographer that did this said he has made thousands doing it? .......

I have heard this is difficult but the pictures sell...............any idea how much a picture of lighting sells for ? Years ago a photographer that did this said he has made thousands doing it? .......
Seriously doubt it would be as profitable now. They make triggering devices that sense a lightning strike and fire the shutter for you now.

Whacky, huh?

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

For garden-variety lightening, probably not much. But if the lightning was captured at the exact moment it struck something, like a real UFO or a verified Bigfoot, then you might be able to get a few bucks. ;)

Lightning photography is all about long exposures. You could use a trigger, but setting a long shutter speed and letting the camera fire away timelapse style will get the shot with no special equipment required. Nothing difficult about the technique, but there is a fair bit of serendipity in getting a worthwhile shot.

Same advice as others here have stated. If it were hitting the top of Empire St Building or such, you might have something. But most people will just say, wow, and move on...

6141692677_746a6a3e16_b.jpg

that will be $5.....

p!nK

You say you can photograph lightning. I doubt it could be done with a digital camera. What you get is electronic information for the picture. Using film has been a problem too. Fireworks mode/setting will do just fine though.

Most reactions

Back