Photographing My Cousin's Daugther

Not a fan of this particular pic (not sharp enough i think), but I saw your other work. They are impressive. Keep it up.

I softened the entire shot on purpose. I hate showing skin imperfections on such fashion/glamour shots.

Thanks for commenting.

Cheers,

Hera

Not a fan of this particular pic (not sharp enough i think), but I saw your other work. They are impressive. Keep it up.

I actually really like this. I love the feel of the photo, and I do like that it is a bit soft. The only thing that bothers me - I wish there was more light on her face. My eyes are immediately drawn to the brightness of her left arm, rather than her face.

I softened the entire shot on purpose. I hate showing skin imperfections on such fashion/glamour shots.

Nice shot - it looks like she is very comfortable in front of a camera and I bet this was a fun shoot (I also like her headshot on your blog). I agree that this type of shot usually has an amount of softness to smoothe the skin, but I would suggest using that selectively rather than over the entire image. There are a number of ways to do it depending on your software and workflow, but I would suggest sharpening at least the eyes and the hair (the eyes because that is where you generally want to draw the viewer, the hair because it is a large area in which people naturally expect to see detail - that's just the result of light falling on so many individual rounded surfaces like hairs - so smoothness here really accentuates the soft feel to the image). It's a judgement call whether you want to bring detail back into clothing or jewelry.

Very nice, I love it - but like someone else mentioned, I wish there was a little more light on her face. I can't place it, but something is too dark on top... maybe a hair light behind her would have helped? I don't know...

Do you prefere this version? This shot was shot as is, not cropped. The lighting pretty much is untouched, out of the camera. Skin is slightly softened. Yet eyes are as sharp as they can be.

Most reactions

Back